Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Problems With Your Sax? Neck pain and headache

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    jak Swift
    Participant

Peter is right on this one. I don’t use one but I’ve heard a lot of great reports. I used to have a Spanish leather sling. The ” belt buckle ” style meant it never slipped. I lost that a few years back, and have used ” neotech ” since. It does the job just fine.

Pete
      Participant

Jak
        Right on mate, this sax holders is so comfortable and I no longer
        get any neck pain. I only have one slight ” niggle” and that is,
        if you bend down to far to pick up something the bar/s can slip
        to one side, I am going to remedy that by putting a clasp to
        go across both bars once you put the strap over your shoulders.
        Small problem , easily solved. Glad your getting sorted out
        with a sax at last Jak.

jak Swift
        Participant

Yeah Peter, didn’t want to mention that. I think you really have to play with a ” horn front ” stance. Not a great deal of use sitting down, side playing. The things just gonna slip off. Be interesting to see what you come up with mate.

Mel
          Participant

Ordered one of these straps from the Boston Sax Shop Friday night. Hope to get it by the end of next week

https://www.bostonsaxshop.com/staps/balam-wind-back-strap-mocha

Balam Saxophone Backstrap Comparison and Review

Pete
            Participant

Mel
              Looks pretty good that one, I told you a while back I got the saxlab one,
              no more neck pain whatsoever with, it really delighted I bought it.
              I suffer from cervical spondylosis and playing the sax was really making
              the pain worse so I bought the Saxlab harness, best thing I could have done.
              One thing I would say Mel is with this particular one you have to be careful
              that it does not slip off the shoulders when you move or bend a little, it can
              be a problem I have made a little clip to keep it in place, otherwise it has made
              playing a pleasure for me, can play/ practice for hours and no pain. Good luck
              with it.

john
              Keymaster

looks interesting….so the weight is primarily on your shoulders rather than back of your neck it looks like. let us know how it works out!

Anonymous

Oom Kaas from the turkey strap factory has something to say about the price.

Oom Kaas

Pete
                  Participant

Yea Johnny that’s correct, all the weight is on the shoulders not the neck like I said The saxlab one could do with upgrading
                    regarding the problem of slipping off the shoulders especially for player like you who moves around on stage a lot.
                    Otherwise it is brilliant piece of kit?

Anonymous

Here’s the picture of my low-cost solution for solving neck pain and headaches.
                      It cost me less than $2 to buy the belt, metal fastener and plastic snap-fastener.
                      Sewing the belt together by hand, and assembly took me less than an hour in total.
                      I use it for the Alto and I’m very comfortable whilst wearing it.

Budget Saxophone Strap

The links for the images don’t work on this forum anymore!

Mel
                      Participant

This is the strap I am currently using. It puts all the weight on the shoulders and no strain on the neck.

https://neotechstraps.com/sax-practice-harness.html

The reason I bought the one from the Boston Sax Shop is that the weight is also on the shoulders but there is no strap across the front of your body. That’s a nice strap Jeff. I am looking for complete comfort and freedom.

Pete – I am glad the Saxlab works great for you. It has good reviews.

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 42 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.