Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Mouthpieces My Winslow ligatures arrived today, a few pics for you.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

All 3 WinslowsWinslow side
      winslow bottom
      winslow other sidewinslow

Hi Johnny,
      Winslow ligatures arrived today for Alto, Tenor and Soprano. Each Ligature comes with a good supply of extra pins, etc.. The pics taken are how the ligatures arrive just as they are. For the Soprano I will probably leave the 4 rubber pins like you see here in these pics, for Tenor/Alto I will start off with 6 pins–3 on each side, which is how my Instructor has his on Tenor; but we’ll see how it goes. I don’t wanna go crazy about playing with Pin positions. How do have them set in your Winslow? Happy day today 🙂

Anonymous

very nice looking

Pete
        Participant

Look good Mike get your best reed on and
          start blowin

john
          Keymaster

nice, I just use the 4, one on each corner.
            2 have now worn out after 25 years so just have 2 on there now, one on top and one on the bottom but this sucks!
            I have to get more cushions.

Michael Bishop
            Participant

Hey Johnny,
              Each ligature came with loads and loads of extra rubber pins, etc. Between all 3 ligatures I probably have more extra rubber cushions than I’ll ever need LOL Would you like me to send you one of the extra spare parts kits in the mail tomorrow? That would still leave me with 2 extra spare parts kits for myself…I seriously doubt I’ll have any issues with needing extra pins, cushions, etc.. anytime soon. I have your mailing address from when you sent me your autographed pic, I have the envelope/put other Sax pics in there that will go on my wall of fame soon LOL If you want one of the extra kits let me know and I’ll get it out to you in the mail tomorrow. Hopefully you’ll see this post before my workday tomorrow, can take it to the Post office while I’m downtown. You know for yourself the Winslow is the best ligature in the world…can’t leave it just sitting there and not use it!

john
              Keymaster

oh that would be great. Like I said, mine just wore out now and I got my winslow around 1989.
                the 2 I got left still look pretty good so I could do with just 2 more…if you wanna give up 4 then
                I would just put those 4 new ones on as I don’t need 6.
                thanks Michael!

Michael Bishop
                Participant

He sent me 3 extra kits–each one in an empty container that holds a roll of camera film. In each kit there’s more pins,parts, etc. than I’ll probably ever need. I’ll send you 1 complete parts kit and that still leaves me with 2 parts kit. This way you’re good to go for years to come. The address I have is the one you put down on the envelope that you sent your autographed pic to me in, do I just label it to you personally? I’ll send it off tomorrow around 2:30 pm Central Standard time here in the US, that’s when I get off work tomorrow. You’ve done so much to help me, this is the least I can do for you 🙂

paddy jordan
                  Participant

full set looks cool Michael i just use the pattern like Johnny does one on each corner it seems to work best.

William Cingolani
                    Participant

Looks great Michael. I like the lig that comes with the MB11. After my fatboy arrives I’ll check the lig that comes with fatboy. Probably the same lig that comes with the MB11. I’ll check with John Winslow about a Winslow lig after the fatboy arrives. Speaking of the fatboy I wonder when my fatboy will pass customs and enter the USA.

Michael Bishop
                      Participant

@ William: yeah, Johnny was saying he’s getting good results with those ligatures, it’s nice to know that someone is sending you a good ligature when you buy their MP, unfortunately that’s not the case with just about every other MP maker out there as you know, so I was forced to go get a good one.
                        @ paddy: I will definately try the pattern that you and Johnny use and see how it goes. I don’t wanna get carried away with it or anything. The man I’m working with uses the 6-pin pattern, 3 on each side. Thanks for getting me his contact info. Paddy, you’re a real encouragement to me/my playing 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 23 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.