Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Show Us Your Sax My Trevor James Saxophones are coming! :)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

😎 Just a quick note that my Trevor James Saxophones will be IN MY HANDS in about 3 weeks…..oh man am I excited!!! The “torture” of waiting for over a year is almost over; not sure what I’m going to do when they actually arrive at home. Maybe I will ask my wife or someone to “slap” me? I had no plans on getting a Tenor, it was only the Alto (what’s wrong with the Alto Sax) but my wife helped make it happen–Here’s a cool article Johnny put on the blog about the Alto in way a reminder: https://howtoplaysaxophone.org/alto-sax-sheet-music

Dirk Traenapp
      Participant

Michael, keeping my fingers crossed for you! It seems that your wife is a realy nice person!

Michael Bishop
        Participant

Thanks Dirk–How’s your playing coming along? We’re in the middle of a move to a new house right now so it’s been kind of hit-and-miss with me here on Johnny’s site, so looking forward to having some open space in the countryside here in the Ozarks. Johnny was cool enough to send me an autographed pic to put up on my wall in the room that we have set aside for doing recording.
          I’ll upload some pics of the Saxophones as soon as I get them but the labtop that we used for recording videos is toast as my kids dropped it on accident; that could have happened to me too–I put a post about it in the “General Questions” area of Johnny’s blog but the good news is that we’re replacing that towards the end of this month with some new editing software through Cyberlink Media Suite–I’ll start doing uploads with it shortly thereafter. It will be nice to actually be able to have some modest editing features like Reverb v.s. straight recording into a USB mic.
          I did see your question to me on google chat about the Saxophones coming–I think my response got posted there too. There’s a lot of features that google has, which I didn’t know it has–but I’ll spend more time getting to know more about them after the move is done. Right now we’re living among boxes LOL

Z
          Participant

I’ve ordered a Trevor James Horn 88 and I’m waiting for it as well, I can’t wait to get it. 🙂 Have you gotten yours yet??

Michael Bishop
            Participant

That’s awesome and very happy for you! II most definately want to see you upload something to Johnny’s blog with it–I’ve heard great things about that model of T.J. They’re shipping mine out tomorrow and will be shipped separately from each other–Massullo Music is located in Canada and the owner told me that delays have been caused when they shipped 2 instruments at the same time; it goes through Customs Inspections at the US/Canada Border. So they’re shipping out 1 of the Saxophones tomorrow and a few days after will ship the 2nd one. I had 1/2 of my tax refund deposited 2 weeks ago and the 2nd half of my tax return will be released this evening…I’m not sure why the IRS decided to deposit our refund in 2 separate deposits but it has been said that there was a lot of fraudulent tax claims filed last years so they made some changes as to better monitor scammers–that may be the reason for depositing our $ in 2 separate transactions.
              It will be cool to see some pics of each other’s Saxophones here in this part of Johnny’s forum 🙂

Z
              Participant

Well this is what it’s supposed to look like, but honestly I have a doubt that it will actually be that nice. If it is I may wet myself.
                3f486-Trevor-James-88-Tenor.jpg

Michael Bishop
                Participant

You never know…Marvin Gaye had a song we all know where he said “ain’t nothing like the real thing” LOL I paid for both of my Saxophones about 2 hours ago so it’s now official and a done deal. These last few weeks felt like one of those baseball games that last 15-16 innings that seem like forever and you have to wait for something to happen LOL But the wait is over now 🙂 I’ll upload pics of them when they come in–they’re shipping them in 2 different shipments.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.