Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Show Us Your Sax My Super 20 Silversonic Tenor

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    David Parish
    Participant

I purchased this new in 1968. It has been around the block a few times but it is still more horn than my meager skills can ever out grow.
      zppln-Silversonic-01.jpg
      ka3ne-Silversonic-02.jpg
      h42gh-Silversonic-03.jpg

Anonymous

wow – love to hear what it sounds like.
        I’ve seen solid silver sax’s or part solid
        Silver Sax’s for sale, but never heard
        one played – must be a lot different to
        the sound of silver plated sax’s?

john
        Keymaster

Yes I remember those too. My very 1st sax was a King, unfortunately not this model.

Kevin
          Participant

That is one “sweet” looking sax. Sure do hope you play it for us on the Blog!
            Thanks for showing it to us…

Ridge
            Participant

I too think you have one really nice sax there, and I am sure you are enjoying it too. I am sure you will find a lot here on this web sight that you will enjoy. I am playing an alto sax after not playing for about 45 yrs. I am from Brenham, Tx. so we should meet some day….Ridge

Steve Zukowsky
              Participant

Nice! I’m a bit surprised that more professional tenor players from the 50s Rock and Roll era didn’t play that horn (was the Silversonic even available back then?). I know Cannonball Adderly played on a King Super 20 alto but I don’t recall many top notch alto players from the 50s and 60s playing that model either. Could it be that the King Super 20 horns were overlooked with the Selmer Mark VI becoming so popular back then?

john
                Keymaster

I started out playing in the mid 70’s and even tho my first purchase was a King student model, I really wanted my next horn to be a Mark 6. So in my opinion yes, the Kings were just overlooked because of the Selmers.

Mike Potter
                  Participant

My dream horn! Very nice!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.