Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions My Saxophone playing days are over…….

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

@ sxpoet–lots of people would be happy if I decided to return to that world, some would not be simply because of that phrase we all know of “haters are just that, haters” When you do something that others can’t do, there’s always those few people who will do anything and everything they can to try to knock you off, put you down, etc. just to try and make themselves look better than what they are. The good news is that in the process the usually make themselves look bad for taking shots at you and most folks who are genuine can see whose for real and whose not. It exists even in the world of the Saxophone/music, have you seen some of the comments some people (not many) on youtube have put on Johnny’s videos? I remember one guy on youtube accused Johnny that his playing was fake…I set that guy straight. I got the same response here locally when I did the Watermelon Man, so I stopped by and played it for my accusers in person, in front of their face 🙂 Not too long ago here on Johnny’s site when Johnny uploaded his live playing on Tequila, there was some idiot who commented and said he could play it better than Johnny, don’t know if you remember reading that comment. It’s still there under Johnny’s video here on the site, check it out when you get the chance if you haven’t read it..funny thing is that he’s never posted anything of his own playing here on Johnny’s site, even though some of us encouraged him to do so, go figure on that one.

Anonymous

@Michael – that’s life pal, everyone has there little fan club in every walk of life. Been there, done that, got the tea shirt … Most people i know pay no attention to idle gossip.

good luck mate – i bet them fish are getting worried! lol

Mark Kiziuk
        Participant

Michael I’m very sorry to hear about your health issue. I’m pretty new to the world of the saxophone and to this site and I really wish you the best!

Pete
          Participant

Michael
            I know where you are coming from, couldn’t agree more with you
            but that’s the ” nasty people” of this world
            ( You know and I know what I am saying)
            Good luck and stay well

Michael Bishop
            Participant

@ Sxpoet: Do you think I don’t realize how people are/can be when you say “that’s life pal”? Believe me…I’m more aware of it than you may/may not realize.
              @ Peter: Yeah, TMJ has claimed many victims in the Saxophone world, and unfortunately I am now one of those statistics. It’s something that can happen, and the worse part is that it can sneak up on you and just hit you like it did me, no warning signs or anything. I’m not even sure if I want to go back to the world of professional guiding and teaching other fly fisherman. Right now I just want to give myself some time and then I’ll go from there. The one thing I do know is that I have no interest in starting over in learning a totally different instrument.
              Take care everyone 🙂

Bill Mecca
              Participant

Sorry to hear about that Michael. Something will grab you, just give it time.

Anonymous

@Micheal – there’s a fine line between nasty and nice. Sometimes we have to be cruel to be kind.

I don’t bear any nastiness towards you or anyone, you will find true happyness in time. Some people attain true happyness by having the facts laid out in front of them and get over it, other people find happyness by ignoring the facts and prefer to believe in sometime else or be mislead into believing something else. Either way both people are in a win win situation and end up being happy.

The only consolation is time is a great healer. And i’m sure there’s lots of kids out there that would have fun being taught to catch fish!

Dazza
                  Participant

Hey Mike. Really sorry to hear of your situation specially after your email recently said you were on the mend. After what you have been through before i am sure you can overcome this one. Don’t give up just yet. Really hope a second opinion gives you some hope that you can continue playing. Cheers mate.

john
                    Keymaster

That’s a huge blow Michael, I couldn’t imagine it.
                      I’d take a break for a while. everyones very caring for you here and encouraging but
                      please give it some time…time will tell you what to do.

Marc Justiniano
                      Participant

Michael, Just came across your blog and I know you have been one of the guys most interested in learning to play the sax on this form. Sorry to hear about your condition but the guys here are right. If you cant play anything that has to do with your mouth then pickup the guitar or piano. Many sax players learn to how to play alternate instruments like Johnny who I know plays the piano too. The joy of playing any instrument is not so much the instrument but the performance that you get out of playing music. The sound of a sax or any other instrument can be duplicated on a electronic piano as I am sure you are aware of. So, don’t give up on music as music is in you as I saw in your videos.
                        keep in touch on this website. It would be nice to see you playing another instrument. Don’t let anything get you down as life is full of disappointments but if you turn it around you will feel like a winner always. Once again take care Marc…..

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 23 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.