Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Show Us Your Sax my newest sax

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    jake
    Participant

got this done today!!

Anonymous

cool!

I would see the shadow of the rolling pin on the wall behind my wifes back if i even thought of having one done!

Anonymous

Nice work!

I bet I know the tune your sax is playing –

“I’ve got you under my skin …”

john
          Keymaster

Ya that looks fresh alright
            Hey jake when I started this section of the forum I never thought of seeing an actual sax tatto…looks awesome!

jake
            Participant

my 2 new additions to my sax family.
              Yamaha YTS 61 tenor sax
              E.M. Winston Pro I series soprano sax.

Here’s to rocking in the new year!!

Anonymous

cool – does the new tenor sound better? Only asking as some people on youtube claim their playing sound has improved vastly with a higher grade model of sax (probably the different registers are more in sync).

I’ve only ever played on one sax so i don’t know. I’m not asking about the players sound (i know kenny G will always sound like kenny G regardless of which sax he plays).

jake
                Participant

only played the new tenor for a little bit but I can hear a difference. It sounds a little deeper and more mellow than my other tenor.

john
                  Keymaster

Nice to see a soprano Jake.
                    I’m having a blast with one I’m borrowing at the moment
                    and will probably use it in a video or two very soon.

Michael Bishop
                    Participant

That’s awesome Johnny and I gotta say it’s about time LOL There must be some Soprano Sax “fever” in the air…I have one coming in the Spring LOL It’s a pro Selmer Brass Model, very excited 🙂 I was going to get a Trevor James but after talking to the company they said their Signature Custom Sopranos are only in the developmental stages right now and didn’t now when they would be available. I recently got to try one for the first time, had heard “horror stories” about playing them…it wasn’t that bad at all, with some steady practice it’s fine. One of the biggest thing I found right away is to be careful not to over blow them, it’s a far more delicate Sax than any of the other Saxophones (they’re all delicate). I think there are valuable lessons that we learn from playing each of the Saxophones, there’s things that we learn when playing a Tenor that we can’t really learn fully/improve on when playing only Alto, or vice/versa. I think the same holds true with the Soprano Sax. I’m not a fan of Kenny G’s music, but there’s loads of stuff that sounds great on the Soprano. I absolutely LOVE this song by King Curtis “Soul Serenade”

Anonymous

Thanks for your feed back Jake , i’m was just interested to hear what you felt, while it was fresh in your mind, is it easier to play finger wise?

I’m mainly asking, as i hope to upgrade my alto at some point. Personaly i’ve got no interest in buying a tenor or soprano sax or whatever benifits from playing another instrument, if i did buy a different instrunent then i would get a flute instead.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 23 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.