Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Saxophone Lessons Morones' 101 Saxophone Tips… anyone?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Marc
    Participant

Hey, Just surfin’ into Amazon website I came across this one:

http://www.amazon.com/101-Saxophone-Tips-Stuff-Pros/dp/0634069136

I “looked inside” it using the Amazon feature, and found it pretty interesting. Do you anyone have it?
      Could it be worth the bucks?

Cheers…

Anonymous

Hi marc – i bought that one last year! I’ll have a look at it later on & let you know why i bought it at the time.

Anonymous

Hi Marc, just had a quick look through that book.

it’s the sort of book i would buy someone whose only been playing a couple of months, or wants some light reading on a long plane journey, or wants a nice birthday present.

each tip is about a couple of paragraphs to half a page. eg it has a tip on growling, couple of paragrahs – just hum into the mouthpiece! All the tips are not in depth, its more like a reference book.

Other tips – duck calls, long tones, high notes, reed description, minor scales etc … you get my drift. if you’ve been playing over a year, you won’t find anything in depth to help you out, and most of it you will have encountered

Marc
          Participant

Hey, Jim… Thanks for the info… You’ve made me save some 15 bucks LOL.
            I think I’ll go for one of Dr. Benade’s books on musical acoustics instead. I really like to have a good knowledge on the physics of the different instruments.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.