Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions Mic position while recording. Where do you put your Mic?

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    john
    Keymaster

Yes JC absolutely right
      William I would not use any extra gain from GarageBand
      Use the pre amps extra gain cause it’s better quality
      You’ll need to experiment with how much
      It’s pretty easy cause it’ll feed back or make the audio strip hit the red overload and u don’t want that

William Cingolani
      Participant

My ribbon preamp made my recording sound way better today. A little unit like the AEA Ribbon Preamp can do wonders for my sax sound.http://www.ribbonmics.com/preamps/trp I have a 12 position Input gain rotary switch and an Output Level control rotary switch. Following my preamp manual I had great recorded sound with the ribbon preamp. The garage band preamp, reverb, and echo were turned off.The eq was flat. The sound was great.I’m practicing a lot of music; Mona Lisa, When a Man Loves A Woman, I Have A Dream, Knock Three Times, Lean On Me, and many others. Rock On

William

Mel
        Participant

Sounds like you are having a lot of fun William 🙂

William Cingolani
          Participant

Ya Mel. Trying to make it happen,

Jazz Cat
            Participant

thx Johnny re that Art preamp tip; I just got mine & tested it out; it warms up the tone nicely + rounds it out (big difference listening with vs without) plus it’s good to have another volume boost available; my chain is: audio-technica pro35 instrument lav mic to boss ve-20 reveb pedal to art tube mp to mixer; works great. plus i use a zoom h4n (highly recommended) for all audio recording. gets complicated setting up all the cables, but well worth it; sound w/fx instantly reminded me of ye olde days back when i gigged at clubs; plus i use sony mdr 7506 headphones which rock 🙂

for vocals I’ve got pricey mics but this $20 behringer mic is super
              https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002KZAKS/

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.