Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video Mi Cuba: I'm blowing some Cuban music on my tenor sax

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    William Cingolani
    Participant

William Cingolani
      Participant

To play and record Guantanamera I used my MB Fatboy and a Rico 4 H ligature and a Java 2 reed

john
        Keymaster

good, the fatboy is working out nicely for you William! you sound a little more confident.

Anonymous

@William – the quality of your recording setup has improved dramatically!
            Love the song, well played.

I would be interested to hear you play on another Sax.

cheers
            sxpoet

William Cingolani
            Participant

Thanks for the comments. sxpoet, I have only one sax, Selmer Paris Super Action Series II tenor. Now it’s on to learning another song.

William Cingolani
              Participant

Winslow ligature on my fatboy

I ordered a Winslow lig for my fatboy. It arrived today and I got a nice buzz on the fatboy. My pants pocket got caught on one of those spring pins on the sax. I had to cut my pants away from the horn. I think I’ll buy me some cowboy chaps to wear when I’m blowing my sax. Here is John Winslow’s address and telephone number in case you want a Winslow ligature

John Winslow
                Madison Enterprises
                PO Box 8434
                Madison Wisconsin 53708-8434

Telephone: (608) 241-1124
                Meanwhile I have a hole in my pants….all for a good cause.

Anonymous

i spoke to John Winslow 2 1/2 weeks ago. He charges 90 US Dollars for a ligature and 35 US Dollars for postage to the UK.

I was going to order a ligature for my theowanne rubber mouthpiece, but i like the sound from the theowanne ligature. So i’ve changed my mind and i’ll order one for my metal mouthpiece instead, as the ligature on metal mouthpiece piece keeps slipping.

If the metal mouthpiece sounds better with the winslow lig, i might switch to metal.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.