Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Mouthpieces Maxsax bob shepard

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    brother cavefish
    Participant

just got an original first generation Eric falcon “bob Shepard” tenor, nice, dark and smooth

Anonymous

@BC – you must do an upload so we can hear how these mouthpieces sound like.

My teacher has an original mouthpiece cant remember the make, which is still made today with modern machinery, but he claims they sound nothing like the original mouthpieces.

brother cavefish
        Participant

i have the 5th one Eric falcon made, solid rubber, you can smell it ,

jak Swift
          Participant

Eric falcon is THE MPC DUDE !!
            Man I bet that sounds nice Bro C.
            Bit of a bummer really; I want a real dark rubber mpc right now.
            The Lawton isn’t selling and after getting ripped on FB for a vintage Berg in a trade, I’m not trusting anybody right now.
            Genuine hr ; if you wet your finger and rub the mpc until its warm \ heated…you can tell by the smell as to whether its is rubber or a composite..
            Good man…☺

jak Swift
            Participant

I mean trusting outside of here….

brother cavefish
              Participant

its rubber, and his initials and 7* and 5 are on the inside, , well if i decide to sell it i will let people know on here, i have some other Mps that sound the same, i also have a serious 8* refaced Otto link by Ben alley, this is sick and a refaced Yamaha custom, i have a sweet collection,

jak Swift
                Participant

Bro Cavefish , you do have a sweet collection man. May I suggest a Ted Klum if you are gonna add to what you have.
                  Yeah, I need a hr …I have a nice few vintage mpcs, but a having issues with my 10M. The fork fingering E & F just ain’t happening, but I can go crazy high altissimo. I reckon its jumping an octave up there somehow.
                  I’ll have to let Al take a look. Another neck is out of the question, its double socket ( over )😕
                  Back to the mpcs, I k ow they aren’t to blame.
                  On my second tenor, those fork fingerings are fine. Right now I just don’t need it. Top end tenor is my weak point.
                  No worries, at least I have a second horn for that top end stuff. I can’t see myself playing much bari until this altissimo is 99% solid. Been a frustrating day, but I’ve nai!ed the problem… Ho hum !!..

jak Swift
                  Participant

For any tech buffs , its double socket over, also underslung…. Also in need of attention !!😕

brother cavefish
                    Participant

i have a sweet collection, , very satisfied, Ben Allen 10E 7, Johannes Gerber 6**, 7*, refaced Ben Allen OL 8*, Woodstone 7, MaxSax Bob Shepperd 7* and BA refaced Yamaha custom rubber, looking at another secret one, but do i need all these, no, i think i need to settle down

Anonymous

i went through my collection of mouthpieces, and found i wouldn’t ever use one of them, so i gave it away! To me it makes more sense to pass it on to someone who will use it rather than pass it on to someone thats only interested in selling it to make a profit (bad luck heads their way).

If i had tried to sell it, i would have had a job to sell it as the market is flooded with second hand ones. Theres mores satisfaction gained by knowing someone will use it and enjoy it, rather than it sitting in a box going mouldy. Which depresses me, when i come across people with a large collection of selmers, just rotting away, when some student could be out there making a name for himself with a far better instrument. No matter what you say, a top player with a top sax still outplays a top player with a crap sax!

I’ve now got another mouthpiece i don’t use as the size is too small, so i need to get rid of that one as thats just gathering dust.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.