Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Mouthpieces Many Ligatures

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Craig Scott
    Participant

I have been looking at new ligatures (probably over thinking things) and see there’s one made by Saxxas. The company says it’s “in the spirit of” the Winslow lig Johnny mentioned. Are these good copies of the Winslow?

Also, I’m a little confused about where to place the ligature on the mouthpiece relative to the line that’s on the Selmer HR mpc. I don’t want to choke the reed but don’t get good tone when I slide it much below the line.
      1im1t-saxxas-ligature-1.jpg.png

Tim56
      Participant

Craig: I have been playing this lig for 3 years. It is right on with the Winslow. Just like Johnnies. Place your lig half way between the top of your reed shoulder and the butt of the reed. This gives you an even balance. Tim

Tim56
        Participant

Craig: Tighten your lig so the cushions start to compress. I just got off the phone with John Winslow. Great guy and he knows the horns we play. Oh, his lig is cheaper than the SAXXAS. $100 shipping to you included in the price. You can move your lig back and forth a little. See how your tune goes? Do put your reed on first. You don’t want to scratch your MP. Tim

Pedro Perez
          Participant

Where or how do I get in contact to purchase one of those Winslow ligatures. Btw my beginner sax did come with one of those basic lig. I’m sure this will help with the sound I’m improving slowly with the basics I also haven’t been lucky on finding a good reed so far all have been chipped or uneven. Haven’t bought new ones yet I figure I’m mainly practicing breathing and basics. Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.