Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Mouthpieces looks like mouthpieces are going to start selling at silly prices

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      Mel
      Participant

For that price it probably plays the Sax for you and that would take all the fun out of it. LOL!

john
        Keymaster

That’s getting up there alright.
          Nadir sells a MB handmade model for about the same price
          and I’ve seen original Guardala’s on ebay same model as my old one
          for well over $2000 USD.
          No need to go there guys. there’s some people who have the money and must have
          a certain model for whatever reason.
          you can get 2 top premium mp’s for the $1200 range weather it be Guardala
          Wanne, or Jody Jazz

Michael Bishop
          Participant

Maybe I’m wrong because we’re all different, but I’ll bet you more than anything that those MPs they’re selling aren’t even as good as Theo Wannes or Guardalas. I would much rather put $ into a modest Selmer Bundy or a Vito Tenor–which is basically a Yamaha Sax and pair up either of those Saxophones with Johnny’s Guardala and still have $ left over. I still have my Selmer Bundy and have no plans on parting with it.

Anonymous

comments i’ve heard from people who’ve bought original mouthpieces when they came out tell me the copies they’ve bought decades later from the same manufacturer don’t sound anything as good as the originals, probably might explain why some original mouthpieces are so costly.

Anonymous

It’s three times the price of a Guardala. Having heard Johnny play on three models of Guardala, I believe three different Guardalas would be a better option than buying just one of these MP’s. How much more improved in performance can it be, and will anyone else notice?

William Cingolani
                Participant

I like my two Guardalas and and my Theo Wanne Ambika.

jak Swift
                  Participant

Yup: ridiculous prices, and not only mpcs. My first Selmer6 cost me $450 ( tenor ). I play an offset Berg duckbill. 90\1. At first it seemed a little close, but by upping the reed to a java #3 it sounds great. I will be needing a new tenor this year but that’s out of necessity; my old horn is pretty shot. Keeping my options open.
                    Have a great day. Jak

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.