Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions Live Sound

Viewing 8 posts - 11 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    jake
    Participant

Haha. Love that response. Luckily for now it’s just me and a guitar player. Maybe someday it would be a blast to play with a full band. I will play around with some settings. On my powered mixer there are dials for high mid and low. There is also a built in eq. There are also various effects that can be added as well. Since I share with a singer and guitar we usually setup a little chorus and reverb. That’s one reason I got a vocal pedal to do more if I need to.

Mark Kiziuk
      Participant

Hey Jake! How did your gig go?
        Mark

jake
        Participant

Thanks for asking Mark. The gig went great, other than the HOT day. LOL. Crowd was very receptive, so fun. I did notice while tuning that I had to pull my MP back off the cork a little more than usual to get the sax in tune. This went for my tenor and alto. I wonder if the heat had something to do with it?? Also after a while, my reed started acting up a little bit. The response time seemed a little slower for me. Just had to fight through it. Overall we were very pleased. I only listed 2 videos here as I don’t want to inundate this site. If you look at my profile on youtube, I listed the songs as public so you should be able to see more if you are interested. I am really in love with my tone now on the tenor sax. Now I just gotta keep working it to improve it more. Also I haven’t picked up my bari in a while either. Time to pull that horn back out and make it a regular.

How’s your sax playing coming along Mark?? You getting ready for a video soon??

paddy jordan
          Participant

Great hot weather cool gig well done Jake !

Mark Kiziuk
            Participant

Jake!!! You sounded GREAT!!! I just finished restoring my Buesher Tenor Saxophone on Sunday. Wow!! Alot of work! I stripped the whole thing down, repainted it, polished up all the nickel plating, repadded all the pads, (NO LEAKS!) regulated all of keys and removed all the pearls and installed abalone.. It came out PERFECT!! And sounds PERFECT too!! Never did this to a saxophone in my life!! I love working on these things! So much that I’m slowly starting to advertise as a saxophone repairer. I also can remove dents too! Thank you ebay for selling me a broken saxophone that I had to learn to repair on my own, and found a hidden talent within myself, and maybe even make a profit! As for practicing playing…Well..I need to focus on practicing, I kind of slacked off for a while while I was repairing my tenor. Im selling my alto and have it for sale on ebay right now. Its under Armstrong 3008A alto saxophone and my ebay name is merlinxwiz. Hey Jake, what do I look you under on youtube?
              Mark

Mark Kiziuk
              Participant

Hey Jake. I changed my avatar to the tenor I just restored. If you click on my avatar, you will see a better picure.
                Mark

jake
                Participant

Thanks for the reply guys. Mark really cool looking sax there.
                  I forgot the video is embedded. If you just type in my name
                  Jake Sitterly in the search box on you tube You should get the videos.
                  If you can’t get them let me know. I can send you the links.
                  Time to start playing now mark that you have a perfectly working sax!!

Mark Kiziuk
                  Participant

Thanks Jake! Yes you are very correct! Time for me to start practicing!
                    Mark

Viewing 8 posts - 11 through 18 (of 18 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.