Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Share a Video Lee Allen "Walking With Mr.Lee"…great stuff!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

The players from this era had an element in their playing that we just don’t hear very often anymore! The thing I love about Lee Allen’s playing is how simple he kept his licks/riffs. I’m waiting for the day that Johnny makes a Sax cover of this one available to buy here on his site 🙂

jak Swift
      Participant

A true classic….. YEAH !!😀

jak Swift
        Participant

I could talk about Lee Allen all day. A true R & R tenor man, the stories are endless. His ambivalence towards his equipment. Somebody once commented on his Mk VI…..” That ain’t no six nothing; its a Selmer..”.Came the answer. How he used any mpc that came to hand. How the Rolling Stones asked him to tour. He agreed, saw the stadiums…and choked up. Couldn’t do it. His practice sessions of playing one note only for hours on end. Great man, great album. Walkin, tic TOC, and the strange track ” promenade “. Great choice Michael. Be good to see you on the site as much as you can manage; we’ve covered some great players recently….still catching up on the backlog of great tunes.
          Anybody hear from Keith ( Taylor )?? I know he’s a busy guy, his photography and such. He did that great video for his lovely wife; talked about catching an interview with Aubra; introduced us to Mace his occasional teacher…..and nothing.
          Keith….if you see this man, hope its all good, and that you can find sometime to let us know how your doing…..later….☺

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.