Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Share a Video Koz – I like it!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Here’s a performance that blows me away!

Listen at the 3:40 mark

Show Me The Way

Can anyone tell me what note he is playing?

Is it legal to fly that high?

john
      Keymaster

yes sounds great up there doesn’t it.
        you probably mean a little after the 3:40 mark where it breaks and he plays 3 consecutive notes which starts by holding a C then chromatically up to C# and D. This is concert so on alto it’s A, A# B

Kevin
        Participant

I got to go to a Christmas 2014 performance Dave Koz puts on in Kalamazoo Mi. It was a memorable concert. Also learned that he does the entertainment on a week long cruise ship- Seattle to Alaska r/t. Has been doing it for a number of years now around September each year.
          There’s a bucket list entry for a sax enthusiast!!!

Anonymous

Thanks Johnny. Yes, it’s the run-up into the stratosphere which really impresses me.

I have had my YTS-62 for a month now and have just finished playing for a couple of hours. I was having problems with G5 but seem to have cracked it now. I wasn’t holding the mouthpiece deep enough into my mouth and remembering what you said about blowing from the stomach, I push more air into the sax than before. I realized that I can play the reed with a lot less lip pressure, and now the tone is really beginning to sound fuller, with more body than before. Listening to other sax players advice has really helped me develop faster. Thanks for a wonderful web resource.

Anonymous

Kevin, you lucky chap!!!

I guess that’s the price I have to pay for living sooo far away! (South Africa)

I bought his ‘Greatest Hits’ CD and the ‘Best of Dave Koz’ book ISBN:978-1-57560-846-4
              so I’ll just have to play along with him on the CD, after I become quicker with my notes.

Cheers

Michael Bishop
              Participant

Here’s one of my personal favorites done by Dave Koz–he’s got too many to mention but this is a good one. Looks like he’s using the same model of Tenor that Johnny uses. I’ve also noticed how almost all of these well-known pro players are using not just the Selmer Mark VI but also the Winslow ligatures. Look at how smooth he is–that kind of tone takes years to develop..oh sure, they say the Sax is “easy” to learn to play, right? Talk about a misleading statement.

Tim56
                Participant

TWO GREATS!! GET A 6 IF YOU CAN GUYS! Look at tenormadnes.com I got mine there. Mike knows how it sounds and so does Johnny! Tim

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.