Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Share a Video King Curtis "Soul Twist"

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

I love this great tune by King Curtis, one of my favorites. If someone is interested in learning to play Rock & Blues on the Sax, I think listening to King Curtis is about as good as it gets. There are days when I can’t get his music out of my head LOL

Mel
      Participant

This is a great King Curtis song! I like King Curtis a lot also.

Anonymous

Yes, Curtis for King!

This track is my favourite for Sax control.

jak Swift
          Participant

Good job Michael..and Jeff. King Curtis ?? Doesn’t get much better…

William Cingolani
            Participant

I would like a backing track to “Ode to Billy Joe”. I’ve been practicing Junior Walker’s “Shot Gun” in B flat. Mostly with levers. It’s long.Five pages. Hard to turn a page and blow a sax. Maybe someday Johnny will post a version of “Shot Gun” I have good backing tracks in my R&B play along book.

jak Swift
              Participant

William, hi. Hope its good man. So; if you photo copy the sheets; get a large board of some kind and
                pin em all up. I had the same problem for years. Even when I got this pad, yeah it stores the soundbites great, but the screen is too small. I have a ” music wall “. Literally thirty , forty sheets at a time. All the stuff I’m working on. Levers ???….have a good day William. Don’t forget that diaphragm push man. The new mpc is sounding good but we all need to remember, that push makes 110% difference….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.