Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Share a Video King Curtis "C.C. Rider"

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

Hey guys,
      Dig this stuff or what? Listen to those riffs/licks…I find myself doing that a lot these days. Being an “honest thief” may not be such a bad thing after all 🙂

William Cingolani
      Participant

Where can I get the sheet music. Have to have the sheet music. C.C.Rider.

Michael Bishop
        Participant

https://mysolospot.com/shop/king-curtis-cc-rider/

You can memorize the sheet music as is, but I like to listen to what he’s doing and, depending on what key I’m in, copy the licks…they may not be exactly the same of course but what it does it provide some “inspiration” to copy those licks, or gets our gears going where we can come up with our own solo ideas. Given that we know our scales, we can apply his licks to just about any scale you can think of, given the circumstances/kind of music where playing (swing type blues, rock blues, etc..) If we listen carefully, we can hear the emphasis that he’s putting on key notes within the scale, especially the flat 7 and minor third. A flat 5 (AKA the “Devil’s note) when used properly can be good too. Even with a Pentatonic Scale where we don’t have a flat 7 of minor 3rd, adding these notes to the Pentatonic Scale is a great thing to do…some rules can be “broken” so long as we know what those rules are….that’s the beauty of this kind of Improvising. For me, it really helps if I “listen” to the beat/rhythm of the track and “feel” what’s being played if you know what I mean.

William Cingolani
          Participant

Thinks Michael. I did get the solo sheet music. The site is new to me. I have to learn to navigate it like how to access a certain song.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.