Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Saxophone Lessons July 1st – New Video/Lesson

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    john
    Keymaster

Let's get focused again on playing a solo. A while back I introduced the Pentatonic major scale as a way to get started doing this. This lesson is in the "IMPROVISATION" section and if you are new here it's a good place to start because it goes from explaining the process to playing a solo using just 3 notes to the full Pentatonic scale, which is only 5 notes!

Moving on from the Pentatonic major scale we now look at the Pentatonic minor scale. There is a new video for you here and it will serve as the starting point for these upcoming lessons which will be all about using this really useful and easy minor scale to create a great sax solo when playing in minor rock and blues keys.

It's the latest under the "IMPROVISATION" section, if you're logged in you can link directly from here:
      https://howtoplaysaxophone.org/aint-no-sunshine

Dolph
      Participant

Johnny,
        How VERY cool. I wish I could play like that. Gave me goose bumps, …….. or ants tits as they call them in Holland.
        This afternoon I will change the handlebars on my Harley and in the evening I will give that song a go.
        Cheers,
        Dolph

Tom Sawyer
        Participant

HI Johnny first of all I love your web site and I would like to thank you so much to provide al these useful tips and instructions and even for free. It is a great help for me as an autodidact to improve my saxophone playing and it is so inspiring to watch you playing. I also like your backing tracks and therefore would like to use this chance to ask if you could provide the backing track of aint no sunshine. Once again thank you very much!
          Thomas

ashton simpson
          Participant

Johnny every time I try to look at the videos I'm getting the register's part coming up why?

john
            Keymaster

Hi Ashton and welcome!
              Not sure about the problem you're having…
              When you come to the homepage look on the right side, below the video, it says Members and login. You should login before you try and go to the video lessons.
              Let me know if that helps.

pablo jimenez
              Participant

Pentatonic good
                Blues in C, good also…it helps.
                There is a question about the last part of your solo (that includes growling technique, note bending,etc) in the end you make a "glissando"
                Can you explain, Jhony, how to achieve a nice "glissando"?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.