Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire Johnny's Album "Crazy Bout' A Saxophone" Arrived in the mail today :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

crazy 1
      Crazy 2

I have been looking for Johnny’s Album of ‘Crazy Bout’ A Saxophone’ for awhile and couldn’t find it for sale. His other albums are on CDBAby.com, but not this one. I finally found it for sale on Amazon and it arrived in the mail today….good stuff 🙂 I listen to Bill Harvey’s song of ‘Walk Right In’ a lot and it was really cool to see that Johnny has an awesome cover of that song too 🙂 So many licks & riffs on his CD that we can use in our own playing. I have a backing track in the key of Bb that is very similar to his song of ‘Blue Bop’–would make a fun thing to play 🙂 Awesome album Johnny 🙂

Mel
      Participant

Nice find Michael!

Michael Bishop
        Participant

For sure it was a great find 🙂 I’ve been looking for it and couldn’t find it. We can buy Johnny’s other albums on CDbaby.com, but this album is not available–not sure why. I was talking about ‘Walk Right In’ that Johnny and his band released for this album, here’s Bill Harvey’s version–I’m not sure if Bill Harvey is the original artist for this song. It’s on the CD “Honkers and Bar Walkers Vol. 2” I listen to these CDs all the time, my kind of music 🙂

john
          Keymaster

that was my first solo cd and we sold it for many years but it has not been reprinted for as while now so I’m surprised you found one Michael. I have one personal copy left and that’s it!

Michael Bishop
            Participant

Been looking for it for awhile, it was on Amazon–here’s the link below. Good, good stuff Johnny 🙂 I’m hearing lots of licks/riffs I can recycle and use in my own playing. That’s a cool cover of ‘Walk Right In’ you guys did; I must have listened to Bill Harvey’s version about 100 times over the last few months LOL Wish you had a backing track for ‘Blue Bop’. I have one that is similar in feel to it, it will do for a fun upload. Great music Johnny 🙂

https://www.amazon.com/Crazy-Bout-Saxophone-Johnny-Ferreira/dp/B000024ZLK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1502154758&sr=8-1&keywords=Johnny+Ferreira+Crazy+Bout%27+a+Saxophone

Anonymous
              Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.