Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Mouthpieces Jody Jazz Jet Mouthpiece

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mel
    Participant

I just replaced my Jody Jazz Hard Rubber #5 mouthpiece with a Jody Jazz Jet 6. WOW! It is really easy to blow. I tried it first with a Java Green 2.5 and it was bright – loud – and balls to the wall. I am playing it with a Java Red 2.5 which is also bright and loud but takes the edge off and adds a little more tone. Gonna be great for Rock and Roll, Blues, and Smooth Jazz. One day down the road I want to try a Jody Jazz DV ( metal).

Mel

William Cingolani
      Participant

Hi Johnny. While the subject is about mouthpieces where are we regarding the Guardala CarbonFiber Tenor mouthpieces. Are they in the process of being sent.

jak Swift
        Participant

Hey Mel, that Andy Snitzer guy really made an impact huh !! Hope it works for you…really.
          Well I get to play today for the first time in a few weeks….YEAH !! Few long tones and the laughing sax…what else ? Great clip Mr. J. Putting in , the girl from IP…LOL !! Don’t think ole Stan ever laughed much bout anything. Great day….jak and horn !!

Mel
          Participant

We11, I sent back my Jody Jet 6 Mouthpiece and traded it for a Jody Jazz HR* 6* like my 5* mouthpiece. Glad I did. First I must say how free blowing the Jody Jazz mouthpieces are. I get a much louder sound with both the Jet 6 and the HR* 6* but I get a much nicer – fuller tone with the HR* 6* I am playing it with Java Red 2 1/2.

Mike Potter
            Participant

I was talking with a friend, describing my issues with the mouthpiece I was playing, explaining what I was looking for tone/sound wise and they suggested a Jody Jazz Jet Metal mouthpiece (I’ve had a JJNY in the past but it wasn’t for me, had no clue they had developed the Jet series mouthpieces). I checked them out on the web but was a little concerned that the baffle would only result in extremely brittle sounding altissimo notes… I went ahead and ordered one for my tenor, when it arrive I stuck it on my sax and wasn’t all that impressed, but after adjusting my embouchure and how much of the mouthpiece I take in (more than on my other piece) I’m really pleased with the tone and response. I also experimented with reed strength and found select jazz filed 3M sound very clear, clean and even through the entire range. I’ve gigged on this mouthpiece now 5 times and am really happy with how it sounds and plays. I still go back to my 10M Boss metal on occasion as the roll over baffle is a bit darker for acoustic gigs but after using the JJ for a few months I think I’m able to get pretty much any sound out of it I”m wanting. Very pleased. I use an 8* on my tenor.

RockinRobin
              Participant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6xPJXCTPDs&feature=em-comments Have a look/listen to this Mike. Just a bit of info. Besides the Dave Guardala Fat Boy I have two Theo Wanne slant Sig 2. size 8 and 7*

john
                Keymaster

I played the Jet for a few minutes at my local sax shop a while back and was quite impressed with the sound I got, so would recommend it to anyone going for that type of sound.

RockinRobin
                  Participant

I pulled out my Theo Wanne Slant Sig 2 7* and put on an Onyx Carbon medium soft reed and away we went. Even the medium Onyx Carbon reed blows. I rather use the medium soft onyx carbon reed for now. Shot Gun is coming along well.

saxomonica
                    Participant

Thanking you @Mel and @Mike i will keep my eyes peeled for benny and jody 🙂

Cool for cats @William
                      Goodoh??
                      Keep on Shootin’
                      Rootin’ tootin’

Hey have ya tried any Bari Star (USA) reeds yet?
                      i heard from another guy over here his mate just tried one and was absolutely blown away – and he’s been playing for 40 yrs
                      It wails outta sight from top to bottom apparently
                      Anyways i gotta try one meself now !!!
                      So one cost me twenty nine bucks offa Ebay – from Brian Hayes
                      Will keep you in the loop but personally i do like the bamboo, being all i know, say, apart from brass harmonica reeds
                      Naturally one has to try all these varied things out
                      And more …..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.