Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Mouthpieces JODY DV TENORSAX MPC ??

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    jak Swift
    Participant

Anybody have one of these they don’t get on with ??
      I’m gonna have to choose a mpc pretty soon, my new horn will be here next week. ( yeah, the guy was a little on the slow side. He has his last gigs and wants to pack it well over the weekend ). If so, please let me know huh !! Money, trades, all good with me. Big thanks to our loader of great clips, Mel for this eureka moment…keep em coming man.
      Great day all…..jak

Dan Fleming
      Participant

Hey Jak, I have a practically new Guardala silver plated MB II Fatboy I’ll sell you for $395.00 including, cap, ligature, and pouch. Seldom played. I’m stuck on my Ponzol so you can see I wasted just short of $500 on this piece so I’m willing to take a loss just to clear my drawer out some. Nice playing, loud if needed, good low end. If you like Guardala pieces, this is one of the best. Dan

jak Swift
        Participant

Hi Dan. That’s a great offer man, thank you. All being well the stores will be open as usual tomorrow and I can pick up my new tenor. From there, I have to consolidate a few bits and may well take you up on that. Its not going to be immediate, but let’s keep in touch man. Its late ; I’ll send you a private message tomorrow; let you have my E Mail address. Yeah, that’s a very strong possibility, again, many thanks for your time and thought….speak soon. Best, jak

brother cavefish
          Participant

expensive MP

jak Swift
            Participant

With respect Bro Cavefish ?? That price is on the money, I just dont play Guardalas unless they are original. The laser cuts are nothing like the original, and they ARE big bucks !!!! My consolation prize for not securing another Tenor…A ” Geoff Lawton “. I have always loved these and its a very solid investment as Geoff passed away about fifteen years back. They are getting hard to find. I was on the way out of the store, and noticed a guy putting various mpcs on fleabag. One was a ” Lawton “…great price, fabulous player. I have to eat, but if you want to check out that Lawton sound, James Carter absolutely rips on a Lawton. Yup, all in all a good day. I wouldn’t say I had a silly amount of tenor mpcs. Four !!!! If anybody needs a good tenorsax mpc…. Please pm me. Goes without saying, if I sell an item via Johnny’s site, I’ll kick back a few bucks. Gotta keep this place rocking.
              Later…..jak

Pete
              Participant

Jak
                Wish I had known you play a LAWTON just sold 9*BB BELL METAL had it from new
                Geoff Lawton made it, I went to his house to buy it about 20 years ago.
                Still in box, hardly played it, to loud for me in the home, also just sold
                a 7*b to a guy in Norfolk, both like new. Had them both on preloved for over
                12 months, then suddenly both sold.

jak Swift
                Participant

No worries Peter, but thanks for the thought. Don’t answer if you don’t care to, but what price did they eventually go for ??

Pete
                  Participant

Jak
                    The 9* WENT FOR £220 AND THE 7* FOR £180 BOTH LIKE NEW.

jak Swift
                    Participant

Good deal Peter. I paid 220 for mine, looking forward to having a blast tomorrow. Its been all go this last week. What mpc are you on now ?

Pete
                      Participant

Just changed to a HR ==10M FAN MERLOT also got a Otto Link STM
                        love this merlot, just waiting on a Marc Jean ligature I have order
                        then that’s it no more swapping mp.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 22 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.