Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video Jingle Bells -Beginner

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Simon
    Participant

Here is my first video. Playing saxophone 3 or 4 months when this was recorded.

Simon L.

john
      Keymaster

Only a few months? excellent! bravo Simon.
        your next step is to put away the music.
        work on memorizing it little by little and you will start to sound more musical.
        you will be able to “sing” it instead of playing the strict, unmusical rythme like it shows on the paper.

Keep it up!

Anonymous

Wow! Simon, that is very well done for such a short period. I particularly enjoyed the end of your video. It made me laugh because this is exactly how I feel sometimes when trying to record a decent version. I’ve been playing alto for just over three years and finding practicing regularly an issue. At times it feels like I’m just not making any progress. I think this is because we keep raising the bar, and there is always something to improve on. I sometimes post my recordings for feedback from fellow learners, in the hope they will identify some issue I’ve missed. I definitely wouldn’t post them if I didn’t get any critical response. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to your next recording – Jeff

paddy jordan
          Participant

Simon thats a cool solid start, and Johnny and Jeff you make good points their.i try implementing my self.

Anonymous

Well played Simon!

Got the makings of a good strong player. The only advice that i can pass on at 4 months, that has been passed on to me by various professional players, time and time again over the years – is relax! Think Sunny beaches, and relax all muscles when you play.

If i was a sax teacher i would be itching to get you into training.

Pete
              Participant

Simon
                Agree with Johnny, ” IF YOU CAN SING IT, YOU CAN PLAT IT

Pete
                Participant

Sorry meant to put “play not plat.

Simon
                  Participant

Thanks everyone. I’m working on Amazing Grace now.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.