Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Mouthpieces interesting comment from a previous guardella employee i found on the internet

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I am Jennifer Price, I worked with Dave and Jeff for a little more then ten years. Unfortunately I was Dave’s GF,need I say more.

Jeff would press a button on the CNC machine then wait 45 min for it to spit out a blank which was then given to me.

I would use 100s of Swiss files and several dremel tools to carve out the blank, which Dave not Jeff designed. This process took about 8 hours to complete at wich point I

would give the mouthpiece to Dave.

Dave would spend approammetly 30 to 45 min to polish the inside of the piece and touch up. The mouthpiece would then be given back to me.

I would then turn down the mouthpiece on a lathe, then I would take it into the buffing room where I had a Baldor buffing machine with two wheels one for tripolie the other was for rouge. I also had another buffing machine for green. The mouthpieces would get tripolie first rouge next. After this process I also was the plater. Dave would make sure the chemicals in the tank were correct as plating deals with cinade. I would put the MP in a sonic cleaner, then I would rinse them after that they went into a silver strike tank for about 10 minutes or so, after that I would put them into the silver tank for 26 minutes. If they came out shiny all was great if not I would buff them with the green sonic clean them again and if needed then they would go into the gold tank.

After that I would type the invoice, make the packing slip and box them up to be shipped.

For years I have wanted to make mouthpieces as I actually enjoy this work, except when I moved to CA I was penniless and broke thanks to Dave who had started his crime spree first with my credit cards and as we know he moved onto others, enough said.

I had to start my life over and haved worked very hard to do so. When I moved to CA 9 years ago I was helped by Judy Beechler Roan who is my very good friend and also Rheuben Allen lent me money to get to CA, which unlike Dave I have paid back.

I went to the first NAMM show where everyone asked me where is DG, I had no idea.

I first worked for Macy’s in Burbank for minium wage after that I worked with a bunch of legal nurses for about a year. That was not so much fun but I made a lot of really good friends.

A friend of mine out here helped me to get a teaching job. I now have almost 70 private students and now finally own my own music store called Music Music.

For the past two years Paul Taylor had been asking me to make mouthpieces again. I finally had enough funds to have a few different tenor blanks made and now I am making a MP Vigilante which I’m proud to say Paul Taylor is playing. On each piece I engrave BMD which the nice version is (Bite Me Dave) I hope I have solved some of the mystery. Jenny P im the Vigilante http://www.musicmusicca.com

I really always enjoyed the art of carving out a mouthpiece. My Vigilante mouthpieces are actually played before they are finished, something which was never done at the factory. I have had great success so far and I’m excited about making mouthpieces again.

Anonymous

almost tempted to buy a vigilante mouthpiece for alto

Anonymous

not sure if richard elliot is using a vigilante mouthpiece

Anonymous

euge groove using a vigilante mouthpiece

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.