Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire i'll be home for christmas?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi Jf,
      How is your xmas track coming
      along?

john
      Keymaster

Our last show was last night
        I been on the road since oct 6
        Sitting at the toronto airport waiting for my flight home finally
        As for the track the good news is I was able to get most of it done just before I left so shouldn’t take me long to do that shortly after I get back home

Anonymous

great stuff, can’t wait to hear what you roll out.

Artistic Talent for creating backing tracks like yours,
          is what keeps me coming back to this site for more.

john
          Keymaster

glad to hear it. it has to sound good to me
            and be good enough for me to use if and when I need them too.
            unfortunately that’s one of the reasons I can’t spit them out daily!

Anonymous

Thanks for doing that JF!

Another cracking xmass backing track to add to my list of backing tracks.

cheers
              sxpoet

William Cingolani
              Participant

I just down loaded Johnny’s latest Xmas tracks and sheet music “I’ll be Home For Christmas”. I like that jazzy part. I compared my Theo Wanne Gaia mpc and my MBII Fatboy while practicing “Home for Christmas”. The FATBOY sounded better and was easier to blow. So the Fatboy is my number one Mpc from now on, even though it’s hard to get that suck-pop with the reed on the fatboy. Just to hear what the fatboy sounded like I recorded some of the practice on Garage Band. I do like the Jazzy part. I blow the high D and high E but that High F and F# is still a bit fuzzy so I’ll play around with the solo. Great arrangement Johnny. Thanks for bringing it to us. And I’m also working on “Night Train”.

William

Steve Lester
                Participant

Maybe you can help me then. I’m totally lost on the first part of that song… I’m counting and reading the notes, and I can’t see where we start with a triplet, an 1/8 rest, 7 8th notes, a 1/4 note etc… It doesn’t read like it sounds when I’m trying to follow Johnny… Or else I’m really confused… Once the lyrical portion starts, it sounds as if Johnny holds a note for the (I’ll) then plays the lyrics “be home for Christmas…” but the notes on the page doesn’t match. To me anyway. As the old saying goes, “I’m as lost as a goose…” Help me out! LOL!

Steve Lester
                  Participant

Never mind. I figured it out! I’m just a little slow! LOL!

john
                    Keymaster

I also have a wanne, but it’s a durga. it’s pretty good but I still prefer the Guardala’s.
                      on my recent tour I mostly played my original MBI. I find it projects better for live rock and roll but at home in the studio I favour the MBII fatboy and that’s what I used on the Home For Xmas recording

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.