Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions I was invited to play at a Music Fest. next year in New Mexico! Question about Concert Key

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

😎 My nephews in New Mexico, who have their own band and are UNBELIEVABLE guitar players (one of them plays the Country song “The Devil went down to Georgia” on his Electric Guitar like the you hear on the violin with that song, INCREDIBLE finger speed) know the staff with the Santa Fe Chamber of Commerce in New Mexico, where I am from, and “blew the whistle” on me. They were looking for a Saxophone player to play a Sax version of the song that I attached to this post “Moonlight lady” by Julio Iglesias. I was asked to play this song and one of my choice…..seeing how it will be right in the middle of the historic downtown plaza, ON A STAGE in front of lots of people and the occasion is for the Santa Fe Festival of Music and Arts–I am 100% fluent in Spanish, I speak Castilian Spanish that originated in Spain–I’m going to play Johnny’s “Samba Pa Ti.” in front of everyone 🙂 This is about 1 year away-that’s how far ahead they have to plan these events, so I’m confident I’ll be able to play this song by then. I DEFINATELY plan on playing Latin style Sax music as I progress, it’s so, so beautiful! Anything spanish/latin really hits with me because we’re talking about my upbringing; I love Johnny’s “Samba Pa Ti” so much.

In the mean time, my nephews e-mailed me this backtrack for Moonlight lady-sounds pretty close to the original song, but no one bothered to tell me what Concert Key it is in. Listening to it, it sounds to me like it’s played in a Minor Key. Towards the end of the backtrack it sounds like the Key changed up 1/2 step higher.
      I NEVER anticipated being asked to do something like this….but it does give me a chance to go back and visit lots of old family and friends that I haven’t seen for quite some time. I had just started to finish my degree, that’s the last time I’ve seen family from out west. Only now…….I’m bringing a Saxophone with me 🙂

Michael Bishop
      Participant

Hey Johnny,
        I attempted to attach the backtrack I was given, it’s an mp3 file, here to this post but it didn’t attach, don’t know what happened. I e-mailed it to you. Will be talking to you over the cpu soon through Skype 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.