Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Show Us Your Sax How To Post a Picture Of Your Saxophone

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Woooaaah Brother! I’m getting drool on my keyboard. Could we see a few more pictures of this beautiful saxophone.
      I would of bought one of these if the store had one in stock, but putting down a 50% deposit, waiting six months and not knowing
      whether or not it would arrive in a playable condition was too much risk for me to handle.
      Sniff-sniff … life is tuff in Africa – LOL

jak Swift
      Participant

Thanks guys. Tremendous horns. Enjoy them !!
        Safe & happy week all….☺

jak Swift
        Participant

Be real nice to see the SML horns Don. I know these are fabulous horns. There is a guy lives about fifty, sixty clicks from here. He has a SML tenorsax that belonged to Coleman Hawkins. Pretty sure its SML, not Selmer. It has been pored over, and verified 100% it belonged to Hawk. Engraved with his name around the bell, the guy tries every few years to sell it. Prices have gone as high as $30.000, down to I don’t know what !!
          From time to time, I wonder, if I came into a huge sum of cash , would I want it ? I guess so… !!
          You can be sure, I’d play it though. Not leave it untouched to be looked at only.
          Anyhow, Monday Morning. A bit early in the week for daydreaming. Time to get to it….

jak Swift
          Participant

What’s a ” SMOE ” ??😕

jak Swift
            Participant

Right, I’ve got fifteen minutes before Shed time. For once, see if I can load a shot of some horns.
              😅

jak Swift
              Participant

Think I’ll just enjoy the coffee !! Pages of the stuff , patent numbers; oddly a place called ” werkit “…?? With Sam Butera clips, attributed to myself. Take a look at an early 60s Elkhart 10M. A Grassi 🙁 low Bb ) bari….another tenorsax. A pile of mpcs, and a worse pile of studies. One untidy music room…lol !!
                Probably for the best I didn’t make much progress. I’m not the best role model !!😉
                Usual safe happy and funky day all !!

jak Swift
                Participant

Sad face not intended !!😊

brother cavefish
                  Participant

LOL , a Smoe is an old 40s american slang for regular guy, Joe Smoe (also spelled Joe Schmoe and Joe Schmo and “Yo Hschmo”), meaning ‘Joe Anybody’, or no one in particular, is one of the most commonly used fictional names in American English slang Adding a “Shm” to the beginning of a word is meant to diminish, negate, or dismiss an argument (for instance, “Rain, shmain, we’ve got a game to play”). This process was adapted in English from the use of the “schm” prefix in Yiddish to dismiss something; as in, “Fancy, schmancy.” 40s slang

Anonymous

A sax in the hand is worth two in a band.

Handy Sax

Anonymous

Uh uh. I know what you’re thinking. “Did he play six notes or only five?”
                        Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself.

luckysax

Hi BC, I was thinking about calling my lucky sax ‘Dirty Harry’.
                        Perhaps I should rather call him Schmaul?

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 53 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.