Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Altissimo Course How long Does it Take to play in the Altissimo range?

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

i dont see why i should have do an upload just to show you i can play a bunch of altissimo notes – which you are implying i cant do – lol

Also you need to reread what i have written – as you are twisting some of the things i have written.

i haven’t got ths time or patience to engage in silly games

Michael Bishop
      Participant

Sxpoet–you’re totally missing the point. I’m not asking you to upload something with the Altissimo in it to “prove” that you can play them. But as you have stated, we can learn a lot by watching/listening to others because it’s ENCOURAGING to see. You had mentioned, CLEARLY, that you are playing in the Altissimo range, and that’s awesome to hear for sure. I’m not twisting anything you’ve written, look at what you have clearly said. You said you’ve been hitting those notes before I did, right? And that you had been hitting Altissimo G really well now, right? Look at the comments of members who are asking for help with that pesky, high note of G. For the sake of ENCOURAGEMENT, it would be GREAT/FANTASTIC/ENCOURAGING for members here on Johnny’s site to hear someone OTHER THAN ME to play these notes v.s. just talking about it. I work in the Medical field and the human brain can pick up/learn so, so much more when we see & hear these things being done v.s. just reading about it here on a post. We’re all working hard at this, NO ONE is asking you to prove anything. We need the encouragement and support and there’s no better way to do that than to upload a video here to Johnny’s forum to do just that…to encourage, upbuild, etc.. As someone who suffers from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder like I do, I personally don’t need the sarcasm, reminding me/anyone how much more advanced others are than anyone/me, etc.. I have A LOT to learn and I’ll be the first to admit that. The purpose to upload something with those high notes is to ENCOURAGE others who are trying so, so hard to get up there and are struggling with it. When I was going through Johnny’s course and really, really struggling, it would have been AWESOME to see you play these high notes that you said you’re hitting…FANTASTIC! AWESOME! HATS OFF TO YOU! I NEED the encouragement too! I’m not asking you to upload something with the Altissimo in it for the purpose of trying to “prove” anything…I’m asking you to do so for the sake of ENCOURAGEMENT. That is why you SHOULD upload something with “a bunch of Altissimo notes” in it…for ENCOURAGEMENT, to help other members who are working so hard and struggling, etc..
        KEVIN: Speaking of encouragement, I totally forgot that you had asked a few weeks back about maybe uploading something to help you hit those overtones/Altissimo G, sorry about not getting to that earlier 🙁 I’ll start working on it for you. Keep at it Kevin, love your tone! It’s always nice to hear your videos..I miss them! 🙂 Don’t give up guys!

Anonymous

good for you Michael – now apply that to everyone else on this site & get more people uploading.

wayne wojnarowski
          Participant

Wow reading the comments make me realize I have to get the Altissimo Course, I have a question
            in regards to overtones. I can play on alto a low c and raise it to middle c without pressing
            the keys for middle c . Is that a overtone??

Anonymous

Thats the 1st overtone! There are 2 ways to do it – the bad way to do it is to by over tightening the lips as this chokes the voice box making it very hard to get the higher overtones. The correct way to do it is by adjusting your larynx.

Good larynx exercises are to play low Bb and slur up to the 1st overtone mid Bb and slur back down to low Bb WITHOUT changing lip pressure. If you are doing it with changes of lip pressure – then you aren’t using your larynx.

While doing that compare the 1st overtone with actual mid Bb flat, and adjust your mid Bb to sound in tune with the 1st overtone.

If you can’t get the mid Bb to sound in tune with the 1st overtone – here are some of the reasons why

re sight the mouthpiece on the neck in a better position
              you could have a leaking pad
              you could have the wrong neck piece for your sax
              you could have the wrong reed choice
              if its none of the above – change your sax

Anonymous

just to add – get your sax checked out by a repair guy first if you are thinking of changing it.
                The sax’s i’m referring to are those cheap imports which may or may not be up to much good.

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.