Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions Horn arrived !!!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jak Swift
    Participant

Well. Yeah, its turned up. My taste for different horns….a ” Hammerschmidt “. I’m a little perplexed. Open the case….stunning !! Take it out , man it leaks like a broken sieve. E bay…..you takes your chances. Anyhow, I’m not gonna stress over it, they are ( to my knowledge ) only leaks. I just mailed the guy. I said the final say will be with Al my tech, and written reports if need be and it has to go back. I certainly hope not, in fact I’m confident its gonna be fine. Not often a horn off of E bay plays great, but these leaks are not good. Man, three tenors all in various states, five mpcs same. Feast or famine….LOL !! Its all good, e bay and PayPal are hanging over the guys rep. I guess I’m just a little shocked. Its been repadded real nice. There’s a chance the guy tried to put it back together, that’s how it looks !!

jak Swift
      Participant

Other than said leaks, its pristine !!!! Dues, dues, dues…always paying dues !!

jak Swift
        Participant

Hi !! OK, Just got back from tech. A fabulous horn ruined by some idiot trying out his own re pad with devastating results. No worries, E Bay have begun proceedings. The guy has agreed to send back the money…its just a lot of hassle. I remembered to take the Guban tenor, so alls good. Have to play safer next time, but the more this goes on the less gear dependant I’m getting. If a horn works, its down to me. I have two pretty average tenors right now. The Hammerschmidt….?? One of those things; get back the money and move on. Why people have to behave like this ??

jak Swift
          Participant

UK Players. Avoid E Bay seller ” kittenwhisper ” at all costs. The name K. Fretwell is stamped on the case the horn came in. If anybody lives near Looe in Cornwall UK and has any information on this guy, please pm me. It won’t go further, I just want this guy out of business so this doesn’t happen to anybody else….cheers. Jak

jak Swift
            Participant

Man, never again will I buy another horn off of flea bay !! This guy is unreal. I must have had fifteen mails from him, swinging from insulting, to trying to appease the situation. All done. Through the correct channels. How was I going to send back a horn whilst he has my cash. If he has the cajones to try a rip off, what confidence do I have he won’t keep it. Anyhow, all done and the search will continue asap. Have a great day…and BE CAREFUL ON E BAY. Sadly there are many people with no morals at all trying their hand. One day he will pull this stunt with the wrong person, and get all he deserves. So…haircut. Later….jak

jak Swift
              Participant

That was quick. Friend of mine is a barber, does house call; gotta keep the quiff in check. Just told me a great tale. In Liverpool we have this place LIPA…( Liverpool institute of performing arts ). The patron is Paul Mc Cartney. Every few years he grudgingly shows up for a press call. This time round he asked to meet my buddies son who studies there. Photo call and stuff. It coincided with the young mans band being on local radio, playing a coupla tunes and talking music. He had to tell Mr McCartney, thanks but no thanks, this is an opportunity for airplay and respectfully that comes first. No idea what Macca thought of it, but yeah, big respect to the kid….he’ll go far !!

jak Swift
                Participant

And as for the tenorsax ?? The guy accepted responsibility, and through E Bay sent a courier and pre paid label. Its gone, he has six days to replace my cash after he gets it. Between insults, he told me he had worked cruise ships for twenty years ??
                  A cabaret playing egomaniac, with a taste for ruining great saxes, and trying to rip good people off. Good riddance to him….the search goes on !! Any UK players with a decent tenor for sale at about the one grand mark, let me know….E Bay is history, just can’t trust it !!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.