Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Share a Video Here's Tim playing Sax with his Surf Buddy…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

Our member Tim sent me this cool pic of him playing with his Surf buddy when they go surfing…I think “Kokomo” would be a cool Saxophone project for you guys to play Tim 🙂 He said he has more info. on this pic that he’ll share with us here. On a side note, to post pics of our Sax, etc.. here on Johnny’s site, we have to use a free public imagery site where we can upload pics and share them on forums, etc.. The site I use is postimage.org, very user friendly. Cool pic Tim..thanks for sharing…..how about you guys doing a video together to post here? 🙂 I didn’t know where else on Johnny’s site to post this pic. for you.

Tim and Surf buddy

Michael Bishop
      Participant

I tried to blow up this pic a little bit bigger for you Tim, it wouldn’t let me go any bigger than what I posted above for you.

Tim56
        Participant

Mike: Thanks! Folks, the guy I’m playing with is a life long friend. When I stay at his place in Huntington Beach California. We play quite a bit when not in the water. The neighbors have not called the cops! So, doing OK! Chuck Linen is his name! A major piano player! Did recitals at age 7! Knew a guy named Brubeck. Don’t have to say much more. I call him the Defacto Mayor of Huntington Beach. He knows everyone there! Google Chuck and see what comes up. Fun stuff. I met Chuck when I was 12 years old. Both in our 70’S now! Not ready to give up just yet. Oh, Chuck was one of the first big wave riders on the North Shore of Oahu Hawaii. Mid to late 50’S He was really happy that I started playing sax a few years ago. I know, random stuff here! The piano Chuck is playing has been replaced by a Grand. They remolded their home to fit it in. I take music and we play most of what I bring. Blues etc. Johnny called us,,, The Beach Boys!!! Tim

Tim56
          Participant

OOPPPS!! Folks: I spelled Chuck’s last name wrong,,, it is Linnen. Do google it. You’ll see what I am talking about him knowing every in the surf community! Tim

Michael Bishop
            Participant

cool stuff, thanks for sharing Tim. Yeah, you guys do look like the Beach boys for sure. I have actually learned the solo for “Kokomo” on Alto..it’s pretty simple. I’ve thought about making it a Tenor/Alto Instrumental duet, would make a cool project 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.