Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Mouthpieces Guardala Metal Michael Brecker II Alto Mouthpiece

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

How are these pieces . Thinking about them? Vinny

john
      Keymaster

Guardala MB is the one I use on my tenor, awesome piece.
        Never tried on alto but there are a couple members here who have recently ordered some for alto, maybe they will chime in for you.

Anonymous

excellent. I will look forward to it

Michael Bishop
          Participant

Hey Vinny,

I’m here in New Mexico right now dealing with a family emergency and don’t have anything with me to upload to the blog to show you how the MBII on Alto Sax sounds–will do a few uploads of Johnny’s songs/Improvisation with Killer Blues ebook when I get back home. I brought my Alto Sax with me and left my Tenor at home–no way was I going to take a chance of anything happening to my Tenor on an Airplane; numerous sources have told me they tend to treat a large Sax in a case like luggage v.s. a musical instrument. If you can get your hands on a MBII for Alto, I would strongly encourage you to do it–they’re really amazing MPs. The tone on my Alto Sax with a MBII is just gorgeous to listen to, very full, rich & edgy 🙂 I’m actually hoping to get one for my Tenor in time soon.
            Jake and I did a duet a month or so ago and I was playing my Alto with my MBII–although I don’t have a home recording studio and that duet was just done with a simple USB mic, it’s still enough that you can see a major difference in my tone compared to previous Alto Saxophone uploads I’ve done. I was playing very subtle, soft, quiet notes. It’s on the newest section of the Member’s Videos in the blog. The next couple of uploads of Johnny’s songs, when I get back home, will be on the opposite end of the Spectrum.

Anonymous

Thank you for the reply. I hope that eberything works out well while you are there with family I will be thinking and praying about it if that’s ok with you. Again thanks for the reply, vinny

Anonymous

I love this piece. I can’t say enough about it, I find myself playing more that I have just because it’d not difficult to play but very powerful. To me its like going from a 4 cylinder car to 8 cylinders. Its also neat because the ligature is fixed to the piece, neat look. Great find, vinny

Michael Bishop
                Participant

I’m picking one up for my Tenor…I can’t see right now using another MP, as Johnny has brought out that once we find what works for us then we stick with it. I absolutely love this MP for my Alto Sax……I have my Trevor James Alto coming soon as we almost have the total amount due to Massullo Music and it’s going to be awesome to see how this MP pairs up with such a fantastic Saxophone! The difference that this MP made on my Student Model of Alto Sax was incredible, let alone a pro model Sax.
                  I’ve been getting asked a lot from family, who know I have the T.J. Alto coming soon, what model of Trevor James I prefer for the Tenor and I told them I hadn’t thought about that….when I asked my wife, who hasn’t been the only family member asking me that question, why she wanted to know, she says, “Oh, I’m just curious.” But the way she says it make me wonder if she has something up her sleeve? LOL

john
                  Keymaster

wow Michael that would be great.
                    Vinny I’m very glad those Guardalas are now available for alto. they have been my fave for many years now and now you know why.

Michael Bishop
                    Participant

Johnny, is the release of the MBII Guardala line of MPs for an Alto Sax something that is fairly recent? I was wondering if anyone knows why they we’re originally made for just the Tenor Sax only….my understanding is that an actual, original MBII Mouthpiece is worth a lot of $.

In terms of my wife, whose back at home keeping the house running while I’m gone here in NM helping family, discreetly asking me about my preference of a T.J. Tenor, I have no preconceived notions at all, and I’ve learned over the years I couldn’t get her to tell me what’s going on even if I tried LOL. But after 18 years of being married, you get to know the other person well enough that SOMETHING is up, not sure what it is though. She was able to bring home an Alto Sax for me back in 2013 and pay for it without me even knowing about it LOL My brother-in-law, whom I’ve been out here in NM helping (he had a big part in my upbringing) will be back on his feet now soon and is scheduled to have the medical clearance to go back to work in December…meaning I can go back home in December 🙂

john
                      Keymaster

Glad to hear about the positive family news.
                        The original Guardalas were made for Michael Brecker by Dave Guardala. He only made tenor pieces, not sure why.
                        An original one like mine has gone from $1800-$2000 on eBay… yikes! Glad I got mine when I did.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.