Skip to main content
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bill thomas
    Participant

When I try to growl, I play the note too loud. Can’t seem to help from doing that. Any suggestions?
      Thanks,
      Bill

john
      Keymaster

It’s a combination of getting so much of the note and a blend of the actual growl. You can play the note on it’s own, then try to do just the growl on it’s own, away from the horn, then on the horn, full out don’t be shy. Now it’s your job to start and learn how to have control of both and start trying to blend them to your liking. Sometimes we want lots of growl and other time just a hint of it will do.

Michael Bishop
        Participant

I’m finally starting to growl after working on it for the past 2 months every single day and the temptation is to just blow into the horn because initially it was really hard on my throat, so I would just end up playing a note to loud too. I had to work on it just like Johnny says here, to practice on growling away from the horn first and then it started to happen.

john
          Keymaster

I gotta say, you’re pretty ambitious to be growling at this early stage!

Michael Bishop
            Participant

yeah, well you know…………:) I’m just happy to have found this site and everything you’re teaching here and having great fun applying myself to what you’re teaching–the next upload I do to the blog in a month or so I’ll throw in a couple of small growls somewhere. Without your ebook and this site, it would have taken me way longer to learn everything.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.