Home Forums Share a Saxophone Video Greg Piccolo

This topic contains 25 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  jak Swift 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 11 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • Author

jak Swift
    Participant

😀 !!

Mel
    Mel
    Participant

Mel
    Mel
    Participant

Mel
    Mel
    Participant

jak Swift
    Participant

OH YEAH !!☺…..Thanks Mel. Its near six pm here in the rainy UK, time to eat, catch the news. For sure I’ll be watching this later…
    How you doing Mel ?…..

jak Swift
    Participant

You should be a mind reader Mel. Been feeling a bit low the last few days. I’ve aggravated an old muscle pull in my chest. The Conn is still misbehaving, its going to have to see Al tech. Yeah, I was foolishly pushing too hard trying to work out why the fork fingerings are not happening.
    Its not a big thing, it happened many years back. Finishing some solo or other, I’d run out if steam. Felt the muscle tear….ouch !!!
    Good to have a choice of mpcs right now. I’m using the old Berg 95\1. Its such an easy blow its unreal. Lush and phat also. I’ll use this for a week or ten days and go back to the link 8.
    Sometimes, I make things so much harder for myself. Always pushing the limits to get ” that sound “.
    No worries, its happened before. Thankfully I have the bari now. That helps ease off my tenor chops… Ho hum……😣

Mel
    Mel
    Participant

Doing fine here Jak. Saw George Thorogood and the Destroyers Saturday night and he rocked the crowd. Buddy Leach played his sax big and loud and did a great job. I have been looking at the 10mfan Robusto mouthpiece. Maybe some day I will try it. Yanagisawa has a new updated Tenor Sax model TWO10 I like, but I am happy where I am at right now.

Mel
    Mel
    Participant

Mel
    Mel
    Participant

jak Swift
    Participant

Mel, that’s a fine list of tunes my friend. Thankyou. You play a Jody Espina #6…? Do I remember right ? You seemed really happy. Sure, if that’s what you want to do…!! Never played one of Marks’ ( 10M Fan ) mpcs. He did a huge add campaign. Great business sense and a really nice guy. He once gave me a Berg when I was on my a**.
    If you speak to him, please give him my regards.
    Yanigasawa saxophones. No idea I’m afraid. Nor Yamaha. I do know they are tremendous horns, especially the top end bronze \ gold range. What’s brought all this on man….LOL !! A sudden urge to change your set up. Sounds like a great pro combo; you only live once man !! Anyhow, tonites main event… Mr piccolo😀

jak Swift
    Participant

Few things come to mind Mel. Firstly I’m stoked you enjoyed George T. Never had the pleasure of seeing the band, but I guess as a bona fide R & R band…pretty much like the E St band, they are the real deal. ZZ Top used to be one gritty swamp boogie trio. The album ” Tres Hombre ” with great tracks like ” Jesus just left Chicago ” and ” Waiting for a bus “. Then the big $$$ hit…the car, the logo.
    So, I listened to the first three tracks. The last a coupla times. As far as a slow blues, it doesn’t get much better. Anyhow, on with it….I believe I saw some JF & Roomful to watch….☺

Mel
    Mel
    Participant

I was just thinking down the road a ways. The jody jazz is a 6* (.095 ) If I decide to go to a bigger opening some day I will probably stick with the Jody jazz. Very nice free blowing mouthpiece. My Selmer La Voix 2 serves me well. like looking at new toys though and that new Yanagisawa is nice. That would be way down the road also.

Viewing 12 posts - 11 through 20 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.