Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Introduce Yourself Gofundme Page, help sharing?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Z
    Participant

Hey guys, I recently started a Gofundme page to help raise some money for college. I wanted to share on Johnny’s website because I have been a member for about four years now. Johnny was one of my first real influences since I picked up the saxophone all those years ago, and I have met a lot of you guys through this site. It would mean a lot to me if you guys could share this page with as many people that you know as possible, whether they can help or not. Just getting the word out can help exponentially, and every penny counts! Thanks everybody!

https://www.gofundme.com/support-aminn-ellis-college-fund

jak Swift
      Participant

Yeah, also if anybody has a ” Silversonic tenor “….I’d be very grateful !!! Johnny puts a shitload of time and effort into this site. Look below. Make donation….to keep the site going !! Not to put you through college. Go wash dishes man !!!

jak Swift
        Participant

Exponentially of course !!

jak Swift
          Participant

Or better, go play some gigs. You have these ” jazz awards “. Listen man….I might sound hard but I’m not being unfriendly. Old school we did it the tough way….its the way it is !! Your college acceptance is a great thing but you have the skills and tools to raise this yourself. If you want it bad enough, sell your car, I pod, Mac pro….think about it. There are people dying for want of water and basic medical necessities. You gotta do this yourself man. If you don’t make college, you gotta get out and play. If it is still your ambition to be a great R&R player….your in the best place !! Good luck and take it easy huh….jak

Pete
            Participant

Aminn
              Get out busking, with your playing I am sure you get
              a few quid in, oh and by the way take a look at all the starving
              kids in the Yemen and Africa.

Anonymous

Good luck with the funding Aminn, my eldest is in the 3rd year at university out of a 4 yr course, and the youngest daughter is 2 years away from university, so i have to support them in any way i can.

Take no notice of the negative responses, my daughter managed to raise extra funding, the course is so intense, if she had to work to support herself, it would affect the grades she’s working hard to get.
                Its dog eat dog with degree passes when looking for a job, so the higher pass mark the better.

Its a different generation now-a-days, anything goes, you can jump to fame from trash shows like x factor or demos on youtube, crowd funding etc. Family and friends have always helped out for generations over the decades, so i dont see anything wrong with gofundme.

As for starving millions, when i was in my teens in the late sixties, there was starving millions then, and there will be for generations to come – no amount money has never sorted the problem out in my last 50yrs, so you can form your views as to why that is.

Anonymous

Hi Aminn, you play really nicely and there are online options.

http://www.musicbizacademy.com/internet/sellmusic.htm

People generally like to receive something back when they donate towards a cause.
                  Perhaps you could send them a collection of your tunes after they make a donation towards your fund.

jak Swift
                  Participant

I’m out of this. We spoke about it in the studio this morning. The opinions are not important. You did it on the back of another guys site !!! WRONG !!! Did you ask ? As for the negative responses and ” nothing has changed in fifty years ” or whatever. Good thinking dude. Your a compassionate guy..LOL !!
                    Forget it…..panhandle where you want man….jak

Michael Bishop
                    Participant

Hey Ammin–congrats on the acceptance! 🙂 Very happy for you. Good things coming your way, keep up the great work. More than willing to give you some support. I sent you a private e-mail, check it out when you get the chance. Keep up the great work, the sky is the limit for you 🙂

Z
                      Participant

Thanks for the positive support, everyone. Jak Swift, I’m sorry for offending you with my post. I emailed Johnny asking if I could post this in the forum. I know a lot of people from this website that I’ve met over the years, and I thought it would be a good opportunity for them to see. If anything, I thought that it would be a good chance for them to see where I’m at in life, as I’ve been away from the site for a while. Of course I got his permission before posting. I would never do anything like that without having permission from Johnny first.

All the best.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.