Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Share a Video Frank Catalano Playing A Jody jazz DV Tenor Mouthpiece

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mel
    Participant

These Jody Jazz DV mouthpieces sound nice! Expensive though.

jak Swift
      Participant

Thanks Mel. What a great way to start the day !!
        Can’t say I’d heard of the guy but there’s that great sound once again. I had one of those Jody Espina mpcs a good few years back. Too soon probably. I seem to remember my tenor chops couldn’t handle it as I’d been playing bari. Where did you hear of this guy Mel ??

Mel
        Participant

Found it on the Jody Jazz website. There are 3 models of this mouthpiece.

1. DV ( Brightest )

2. DV NY ( the New York is the Darkest )

3. DV CHI ( the Chicago is right in between leaning towards the DV. It is suppose to be the most versatile of the 3 and is silver )

jak Swift
          Participant

Thanks Mel, they are pricey but they sound great and I know my chops are 110%. That’s the benefit I guess of having make do with lousy horns for a year. The best thing is to isolate its strong points and go with it. Coming from a primary bari background, I’ve had a year to get my tenor top end together. I’d forgotten about the Nadir carbon fibre also. Food for thought Mel and I am gonna have to make the call. I’m gonna wait until the tenorsax arrives before making the final choice…get its vibe but its all good !!

jak Swift
            Participant

It would be the DV !!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.