Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Reeds Found this moisture-controlled reed box on Amazon, know anything about it?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

😎 Hey guys,
      Recently, I started having a small problem with my cane reeds being affected by the extreme weather patterns that we’ve been having here in the South. I did some online research and found this moisture-controlled reed box on Amazon to help protect your cane reeds from being affected by the weather. Has anyone here ever tried this before? Wondering if it can help me protect my cane reeds. It was suggested to me at a local shop to use synthetic reeds instead–I personally don’t like synthetic reeds. It’s hard to get the type of sound from a synthetic reed that you can get from a Cane reed.

http://www.amazon.com/Rico-Multi-Instrument-Humidity-Clarinets-Saxophones/dp/B001SN7VGO

john
      Keymaster

I don’t like synthetic reeds either. That storage case looks like it could do the trick though.

paul kelly
        Participant

Hi there Baboon I have been using a case for my reeds for about five years, I would not go back they keep the reeds in the best possible condition and you get better life from them as well. Synthetic reeds yuck will never use them…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.