Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video EWI

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    jake
    Participant

Hey Johnny, the Mrs. Claus brought me a EWI. Ever play one of these things? Gotta say kinda fun although there is a bit of a learning curve. Just kinda playing around with an E major backing track just having fun with improv. Who says we can’t play guitar on sax?? LOL. Gonna be a fun year with music here!!
      Happy Holidays everyone.

Anonymous

@Jake – cool.
        The chap in this video, is a close friend of my sax teacher,
        and i have heard him play the ewi in concert. He is an accomplished sax player as well.

he has quite a few videos which may be of interest.

Anonymous

and here’s another video, done in my local saxophone shop,
          where another type of ewi is demonstrated by the same guy.

seems weird seeing people you know on youtube.

jake
          Participant

thanks, i will def check them out

Anonymous

sorry to overload on the youtube stuff,
              this one is good

jake
              Participant

No problem. I’m like a big sponge right now. Soaking up everything I can. Thank you for your support and help. Much appreciated.

Anonymous

Hi Jake

It looks like you have the better version EWI judging by these comments.

https://bretpimentel.com/a-few-thoughts-on-the-new-roland-aerophone-ae-10/

It will be good to practice music on, when one’s lip is tired from playing sax.

Anonymous

Comparing prices between the AKAI models and the Roland AE-10. In South Africa the AE-10 costs 3x the price of an AKAI EWI USB!
                    Which is strange as one can purchase an Alto Sax of good quality, for a price less than the plastic Roland AE-10.

jake
                    Participant

I have the EWI 5000. Fun to play with but in NO way is it going to replace the saxes I play!!! The sounds are very synth oriented. Just not the same as playing my Tenor!! I wanted this to play around with and add some variety. I plan on connecting it to a guitar pedal board and having a lead electric guitar so to speak. I have this EWI setup to play with the fingerings of a saxophone. The weirdest part is there are no palm keys. There is an octave roller so when I’m at high C# and wanna hit high D I have to go up and octave and play the traditional D with 6 fingers all down. A little strange.
                      Its also great for practicing finger speed. I can connect headphones and no one knows I’m playing!! LOL.

Anonymous

Sounds great, and you’ll be able to record some backing accompaniment tracks for your sax tunes.
                        I was recently offered a new YAS-280 in cool silver for just R17000, it took quite some effort to resist the temptation, but I already own a YAS-26.
                        I’m really looking for a pro alto, if I buy another sax. I certainly wouldn’t mind an AKAI EWI if I can find one at a reasonable price.
                        Paying over R20390 for the plastic Roland AE-10 really doesn’t compare to a silver YAS-280 – IMHO.

I have a Need – a need for Reed!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.