Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Reeds Ever tried Java Reeds for Alto Saxophone?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

😎 Hi Johnny,
      We’re over here in Arlington, Texas @ Marriott Suites lobby enjoying some family fun/vacation. It’s off to San Antonio tomorrow, I’m half tempted to go down to the River Walk in downtown San Antonio and take my Saxophone–I brought them with me, didn’t feel comfortable leaving them at home–and do like these guys do and play downtown, leaving their case open while people throw tips at them LOL I would like to try that, at least once in my life just to see what it’s like 🙂
      Yesterday we stopped at the music shop and they had Java reeds for Alto Saxophone. I know they’re really good for Tenor, when paired with the right Mouthpiece, but was curious if you have ever used them for Alto Saxophone, like Careless Whisper and Baker Street you just did. If not, what Alto Saxophone reed do you like using?
      We’re enjoying the sun and fun here. making our way down to Corpus Christi and the beach 🙂

john
      Keymaster

Texas,very cool!
        No I didn’t use the Javas on those alto recordings, I used ZZ’s. They are still made by Vandoren. The special thing about them is that they’re good to go right outta the box. Since I don’t like messin around with my reeds that appeals to me. You should def pick up at least a box of them if they have them.

Paul Hermanson
        Participant

Hello Johnny, been using the regular Rico 2 and 2.5, gonna try the ZZ’s, what size did you use, it seems i get better results with the 2’s, but they wear out faster, to me, should I just stick with the 2.5 and improove with them, and when do you know when to go up in size, thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.