Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Daily Practice Routine #1 Daily Practise Course

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Alejandro Lazaga
    Participant

Jhonny:
      I have just completed my first month, and have seen a lot of improvement!
      The first week was realy hard with the mouthpiece only exercises couldn’t hit the low or the high notes, now I can!!!
      Doing good with the chromatic scale, having a little bit of trouble to sustain the los B and B flat but improving day by day 😉
      Two questions. why does the tip of the reeds warp?, they last like about a week, am I doing something wrong?
      Thanks for the great Course! hope to move to the altissimo in a couple of months!
      Regards!!!
      Alex.

john
      Keymaster

Alex, good to hear you’re improving on those things. The mp only exercises are not easy but as you are seeing, they will help develop the embouchure.
        As for the low notes, only more air will help get you there.
        Reeds warp because they are made from natural cane, the tip is thin and so will naturally warp as it goes from being wet to dry.
        You can prevent this by taking your reed off after playing and laying it down on a firm flat surface like a small mirror, but put pressure on it like with an elastic band to firmly push the tip against the surface. I think they sell things that do this.

Alejandro Lazaga
        Participant

Johny:
          Thanks for your reply!
          I have a plastic reed case for 4 reeds, but they still warp at the tip, I will try to flatten the tip somehow after use.
          Regards!!!
          A.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.