Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Recording Your Saxophone Cuando Quiere de Veras/ Mexican Ranchera

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    William Cingolani
    Participant

I sort of improvised on a Mexican Ranchera https://soundcloud.com/user-772494730/cuando-se-quiere-de-veras-4-8-16-354-pm

Testing my MBII and Garage Band

Anonymous

cool – recording setup sounds great. Are you doing JF’s improvising courses or just improvising ?
        i had to sign into my Soundcloud account to hear your music, btw like the guitar song on there as well!

William Cingolani
        Participant

Thanks sxpoet; Just adding a few notes here and there. The guitar melody was done a few years ago, called “Pretty Paper”

Anonymous

Hi William

I have my Mac Book Pro now and I’m busy studying the Apple software.

May I ask how you recorded the video and audio together to produce videos of yourself playing Sax tunes?

Are you using two apps simultaneously, or have you purchased another app besides Garage Band?

Anonymous

Hi Jeff – welcome to the apple mac club!

just wan’t to interrupt you – make sure you buy a large external drive and keep it only as a time machine backup drive!! my daughter had a virus on her apple mac very recentlt & it was easy to wipe the mac pro and restore everything from the time machine backup drive!!!

if you want to copy stuff from pc to mac, buy an external drive and reformat it on the mac then the pc and mac can both read the drive!

William Cingolani
              Participant

Hi Jeff. Buy Apple care from the Apple Store. Buy it for three years. The apple care advisors can answer all your questions. I use garageband to record my sax and make an MP3 soundtrack. I then go to the iMovie application and download movie clips and photos to make a movie. I add the sound track to the movie clips. I then send the movie to my desk top as a quicktime movie. Apple Care can share your computer screen to help you along the way. Your macbook pro has all the applications etc to do all the above. I use my camcorder to down load any movies I might make.

Anonymous

Hi Sxpoet and William, thank you for the tips. Viruses on a MAC! Oh no, I thought I was finished with that nonsense, but some apples do get worms – hey?
                  I do have a spare USB drive which I used for transferring my audio files – that’s a good idea for secure backups. Last night I upgraded the OS to El Capitan. I have been checking out garage band this afternoon. The good news is that my USB mic’s performance is much better on the Apple Mac. I shall test it properly with the sax tomorrow. I was under the impression that garage band had a video recording function too, so one could just hit record and capture audio and video together. I don’t have a video camera so I shall probably do as you do William and find something more interesting to show whilst I’m playing a tune. Otherwise I can just keep posting MP3 audio files. Thanks for the info and prompt reply.

Michael Bishop
                  Participant

Cool stuff William 🙂 I spent many years living in New Mexico, about 30 miles from Santa Fe. What you played here is the kind of stuff that clicks with them, along with songs like Sleepwalk, Tequila, Samba Pa Ti, etc.. Sounds like you’re enjoying your new Guardala too. Great sound, I like it 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.