Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video Count Bubba Saxophone Soli Cover

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Z
    Participant

My high school jazz band played this song this year, so I thought that it’d be fun to record all the parts of the soli. It was fun! Check it out 🙂

john
      Keymaster

ya so cool Aminn, awesome job, way to nail all the parts! you’d love playing in a saxophone quartet, when I was in college I got a chance to play soprano in one and it’s a lot of fun…nothing sounds quite like it. there’s actually a Charlie Parker solo book arranged for a sax quartet which we played a bit, amazing stuff.

Mel
        Participant

Great job Aminn bringing the videos together.

Z
          Participant

Thanks for the compliments everyone. Johnny, I completely agree. Playing in a quartet of any kind would be awesome, and I have done some stuff like that before, but it took a lot of time to put together because myself and the players involved were not as skilled as we are now. We couldn’t just read a chart down without much problem after the first couple of attempts. I’m sure that now it would be much easier to do stuff like that, and I look forward to doing stuff like that in the next couple of years. There’s a book Lennie Niehaus wrote with a bunch of duets in the jazz style, and I’ve been looking into getting into that to work on my sight reading chops. Hopefully this summer I’ll be able to shed a ton more and practice some more complex stuff.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.