Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions CONN DAY !!

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    jak Swift
    Participant

I’m trying to think of an original horn player that is current…I can’t !!
      ” Fast fingers ” have never impressed me too much.
      Sure when I was younger it was compulsory to be into Mike Brecker….he was an incredible player.
      Chris Potter…I’ve heard about ten minutes….
      Give me a good tone every time and the ability to convey that emotion…. that will do me every time.

jak Swift
      Participant

So I guess the Leo P, s of the world, are making the grade, getting the airtime, making the money.
        Sure, he’s a good bari player, but the gimmicks….
        Pink hair, dancing about ??
        Sam Butera and Louis Prima did that ” comedy ” routine stuff back in the fifties and sixties.
        Thing was, they were amazing players. If that’s the way its going….MAN WHAT A DEPRESSING THOUGHT !!

jak Swift
        Participant

Bro C, my apologies….
          I thought it was you had the backing tracks to ” sentimental mood “….. Its the good Sxpoet !!☺☺
          Didn’t mean to cast any doubt on your ability. Man, with that set up I imagine your doing fine…
          Sorry man….jak😕😕

Anonymous

What a lot of people only respect is money and more so the person with the cash and less so the person without the cash.

Flash the cash, and every free loading vulcture will appear from nowhere, and When the cash is gone, where are they to be seen? One word scum!

Hence the muppets up and down the country like me learning to play the sax gain a lot of respect as we are the ‘bread and butter’ for a lot of music teachers. lol (depressing thought)

On a more positive note, playing a lot of meaningless fast altissimo – is pointless and mainly for immature show offs. However i find fast altissimo is related the fight/flight psychology with tension, whereas the altissimo note that lasts for several beats relates to impending disaster (like falling off a cliff). Hence the moody playing in my blues.

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.