Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Recording Your Saxophone Compression explained in Garage Band

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Someone asked about compression?

Have a look at this helpful Garage Band website.

Garage Band

Patrick gives away a free Introduction to Garage Band 42 page PDF book.

Anonymous

Thanks for that Jeff! wish i had that a few weeks ago.

btw – i use SoundCloud for uploading music & sharing, and dropbox on the macpro is great for uploading and sharing any other stuff – i put music sheets from my 1st two lessons on dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x3o55qal1tpa33h/AACSavkH2wCJ5855J9MZnDiha?dl=0

but you need

http://finalemusic.com/notepad/

to view them.

not saying they are the best stuff to use, but they work fine with my macpro

Anonymous

Yes sorry, I only found that explanation yesterday whilst searching for Garage Band explanations, and thought it a good one to share.

I’m using the Crescendo music notation program, but for sharing I convert the sheet music printout to a PDF document, then everyone can view and print it.

Problem! – That Drop-Box site wants me to register just to view the documents and that’s not going to happen.

One thing I don’t like about Sound-Cloud. When you open a page with these SC files on it – it downloads the files first whether you want to listen to them or not, and the page can take a while to download completely. I prefer to have a choice when playing downloads, which can be large.

Anonymous

thats a shame, the only sites i don’t like registering are the ones that want to store your credit card or bank details.

Most reputable software just want you to register to mail you junk which is quite harmless.

Anonymous

Hi Jeff – not that you’re going to use drop box, i had a lesson today and had to re-save the files as .xml
              files, so that way anyone can import them into their music software if they want to, with out
              having to finale notepad software.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.