Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Share a Video Carribean Queen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

With Johnny’s release of Urgent, it was cool to see how such a popular song with that classic 80’s solo in it also, as an entire song, made such a great Saxophone Instrumental–not just the solo. So I couldn’t help but think of this one below. I think it would sound fantastic on either Alto or Tenor too. From what I’ve seen on youtube, no one has done a Saxophone Instrumental Cover for this absolutely fantastic song. Karaoke had a pretty fake/generic sounding track for this song, so I would need to get a track made from the folks who made my other tracks this year. I’m not sure who Billy Ocean used as his Sax player in this great song, but the solo doesn’t seem to be too difficult either.

Dazza
      Participant

Hey Michael, Great song with a cool beat. I learned my best dance moves to this one!. I dropped the song into Band in a Box and it showed the song is in concert C and the link you included is the extended version which has a break at 3:35 to 5:00 so perhaps have a go at using the Pent over that and see what you can come up with maybe. I will do that today and let you know how I go. Maybe we should try and work out the solo by ear and compare notes, literally. Cheers

Dazza
        Participant

Apologies there. Seems it is in Dm in all the music info I can find for the published key. BIAB failed me on that one!. Anyway, still an easy key for tenor in Em.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.