Home Forums Saxophone Mouthpieces FiberCarbon Mouthpieces – Nadir's new Ones

This topic contains 21 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by saxjohnny saxjohnny 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    William Cingolani
    William Cingolani
    Participant

Cardboard Box? Well to store my FC mouthpiece I happen to have an extra Theo Wanne case.http://store.theowanne.com/products/mouthpiece-pouch-single

Jeff
    Jeff
    Participant

I use the hard shell type glasses cases freely available from Opticians for storing my MP’s and extra reeds. The cases are padded inside which offers extra protection, I also wrap the MP’s with a glasses cleaning cloth so they don’t rattle around in the case. These glasses cases fit nicely inside the sax case.

Profile photo of jak Swift
    jak Swift
    Participant

Thanks for the links William. The FC mpcs sound great and come in at a great price. I’ve spent the afternoon talking to my dealer. Sure this alto is fine, but after thirty years playing tenor \ bari, its a bit late in the day to switch. Just circumstances have left me in a tough spot. I’m confident well work something out. I’ll let him have the alto and an offset Berg 90 \ 1. I’m hoping to grab a decent tenor stencil, along the lines of a Varsity. I guess its always going to be tenorsax for me.

William Cingolani
    William Cingolani
    Participant

Ever since I started using my brass goose neck. the one that came with the horn my sound has improved and the fat bottom lip helps. I have been using a sterling silver goose neck but the brass goose neck and the fat bottom lip makes the sound fatter with buzz. My sax tech tole me that a lot of research went into the neck that selmer uses on their reference 54 saxophones. Sound has improved. My timing needs a lot more.
    Has anybody heard anything regarding the arrival of their fiber carbon mouthpiece. So I find it hard to keep up with a backing track or a metronome. But I sound good while trying to keep the beat.

William Cingolani
    William Cingolani
    Participant

Good Morning Johnny. What might be the progress of our fibercarbon mouthpiece orders?
    William

saxjohnny
    saxjohnny
    Keymaster

I’m tracking it and they are at my local parcel centre
    which means just a day or 2 away from me being able to mail em out to you.

saxjohnny
    saxjohnny
    Keymaster

Also, I’ve shipped the Fiberreeds out to everyone yesterday.

William Cingolani
    William Cingolani
    Participant

Thanks Johnny

Profile photo of Karsten Battermann
    Karsten Battermann
    Participant

I got two Tenor Fibercarbon FB MB IIs from Nadir for try-out, a 7 and an 8 one. I tested them with several reeds (medium Fiberreed Hemp, 2 1/2 and 3 vanDoren jaZZ, and 3m and 3h Rico Jazz). The result: the 8 works perfectly with me & my horn (a King Zephyr): easy to blow, clear and bright in the high range, and warm at the lower end. The 7 however did not work at all. The same reeds I had no problem with on the 8 were squeeking; overall sound not satisfying. As I am not too experienced I had two friends of mine play the MBs on their tenors (a Selmer and a Yamaha), with the same result: the 8 was way better than this 7. As we all did not expect such a large difference, we put it down to maybe some (although not visible) fault in the making, was is a “Monday model”?. Maybe it is a good idea to go somewhere where you can try out several pieces of the same model and make your choice.
    I like the sound better than that of the Otto Link Super Tonemaster 7 I played before, so I bought the 8 and play it since.

saxjohnny
    saxjohnny
    Keymaster

I tried them both 2 and of course chose the 8.
    it’s safe to say most of us that have been playing for a good amount of time and been thru a few mp’s would choose the 8 over the 7 as the 7 would be too closed. the theory about one being made on a Monday is not even close. these are made on a CNC (Computer Numerical Control Milling Machine) which are very hi tech machines so everything comes out the exact same.
    but yes, playing a few mp’s side by side for comparison is always the best way to do it if you have that opportunity.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.