Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Mouthpieces FiberCarbon Mouthpieces – Nadir's new Ones

• This topic has 21 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by john.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    john
    Keymaster

So I just uploaded the newest song video “Pink Panther”. Was an interesting experience because for the fist time I didn’t use my metal Guardala with a Vandoren cane reed. Months ago I didn’t think I would do such a crazy thing!
      upon meeting Nadir at NAMM recently I started in on playing his new mp’s and the FiberCarbon Guardala fatboy just blew me away. I was expecting something like I remember from a hard rubber one from many years ago but no.
      I will do a demo video of it so you guys can check out the tone for yourself a little more closely.

William Cingolani
      Participant

Carbonfiber fatboy. I’m looking forward to the demo.

Mel
        Participant

Will be great to hear how it plays!!

Mel

Mel
          Participant

Well I thought it sounded great! Johnny – what were your thoughts playing it and how do you compare it to your metal one?

mel

Anonymous

Hi Johnny. We just listened to your version of the classic Pink Panther tune. I think your Sax sounds wonderful with that very woody tone – very Saxy!

William Cingolani
              Participant

Ya Johnny, I want that carbon fiber fatboy. The metal fatboy comes with one tip opening and it’s a perfect opening for me. In the past I always blew a 7* but the tip openings of the metal MB11 and MB11 fatboy are perfect. Does the Carbonfiber Fatboy have the same tip opening as the metal fatboy. I like that sound and tone of the carbon fiber fatboy. So I want one. Put me on the list.

William Cingolani
                Participant

Hi Johnny. I did some checking on the tip opening of the Guardala “Fatboy”. Tip opening is stated as 8* or 0.116″ and this metal fatboy is very easy to blow. So when I order the fiber carbon fatboy I should get the sam tip opening as the the metal fat boy, 8* or 116″

William Cingolani
                  Participant

I did more checking. The fatboy MB11 tip opening is stated to be 7(114) so I suppose my fat boy tip opening is not 8* but 7 (114″). That’s why the metal fatboy is so easy to blow. So when I order the the FiberCarbon Guardala fatboy I’ll order the one with a 7* tip opening. https://nadirsaxwind.com/product-category/dave-guardala-reborn/ Seems the FiberCarbon Guardala fatboy come in only 2 sizes, 7* and 8* so I’ll go with the 7*

john
                    Keymaster

yes right William. the new FC fatboy comes as a 7* and 8*
                      I’m playing the 8
                      I’ll get the webpage up real soon guys along with the demo video.
                      people are emailing me wanting to know which one I like best metal or fibercarbon.
                      there’s some differences but now I wouldn’t get rid of either. the metal is louder and brighter
                      but sometimes I don’t need that so much and so the FC is actually better for certain things….I can say that it’s easier to play in the lower end but then I can scream louder up top. But you guys can A/B them when I record the video and I am interested to hear what you think.
                      A couple people have emailed me regarding the Pink Panther video and said they like my sound better with the FC… I’m ok with that!

Mel
                      Participant

Johnny – you always do a great job with your videos. I very much like Rock n Roll with the saxophone and your metal mouthpiece always has that great bright edgy buzz sound. I like it a lot. But boy I like the sound of the that Fiber mouthpiece a lot also. It sounded full and bright just without the edge to it. it just sounded a little cleaner and saxy. Does that make sense. I am still new to all this.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 22 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.