Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video Bouree in MP3

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

It’s not quite up to Jethro Tull’s standard of playing – LOL

Bouree in MP3

Anonymous

sounds great Jeff – well played, in tune, great tone which is improving.
        Thats good enough to play in an orchestra!

Anonymous

And here’s one for Michael

St Louis Blues

Anonymous

Thanks Sxpoet, I had to play it many times over, to get a decent recording without silly mistakes!

Anonymous

Jeff – still very good on the St Louis Blues. Can you record it with a backing track?

When i get my recording settings all sorted out, i might see if anyones interested in sending me a track that they’ve played along to some sheet music that i can have a go mixing with my sax. But that’ll be weeks away.

What i would be interested to start with is just supplying anyone with a 12 bar blues track
              for them to add tenor sax to,
              send it back to me & i csn play around adding alto to it – just for testing out myself.

Anonymous

Thanks Sxpoet, I recorded both tracks this morning. I source my music from the internet and the Fake books I bought from Hal Leonard, so I don’t have backing tracks for them. These aren’t pieces I’m going to perform, I just use them to develop my playing skill. I do have a few books with CD’s but I haven’t got round to recording with them yet. Soooooo much to learn! – LOL

Anonymous

@Jeff – just relistened to these 2 uploads you did 5 months ago, they both sound good, but sound more honkish compared to the S80.

Anonymous

@Jeff – i can’t understand why you haven’t had any feed back on these two uploads you did ages ago?

Michael Bishop
                    Participant

@ Jeff–thanks for uploading Jeff-sorry I missed your uploads, thanks so much for thinking about me in your upload with the St. Louis Blues 🙂 .On a side note, I live only about 6 hours away from St. Louis LOL Your doing a great job with articulating your notes; they sound nice, clean and very distinct, but be careful not to let the notes kind of just ‘fizzle’ out if you know what I mean. The beginning of each note sounds great with good articulation, but the end of the notes don’t sound quite as “full”. This is pretty easy to fix by just making sure we supply ample air into the Sax as we transition from note-to-note. I can tell that your throat and your Oral Cavity is nice and open because your notes don’t sound ‘congested’ or anything like that. I’m hearing some good volume in your playing, just focus on holding that volume so that the notes sound full & even from start to finish….and I’ll be the first to admit that’s easier said than done as Johnny has brought this out to me in my own playing 🙂 Great job Jeff, keep up the great work. I’ll make sure to keep my eyes/ears open for your next upload, not sure why I missed these.

Anonymous

Hi Michael. Yes, I do have a problem blowing hard and with capacity, but I am improving with exercise. I just had an extended case of flu and that really set me back. As you’ve probably seen Sxpoet kindly sent me his S80 C** MP and now my tone has really become nicer to listen to. At least that’s what Bev says.
                        I want to concentrate on learning more jazz theory this next few months. Thanks for your feedback.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.