Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Share a Video Blues In The Dark – James Carter & Joshua Redman

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Mel
    Participant

Mel
      Participant

Mel
        Participant

Mel
          Participant

jak Swift
            Participant

WOW…I NEARLY MISSED THIS !!
              THANKS MEL..😊
              The first clip , man two great players. The whole era thing is great…
              On a tangent….looks like that silver tenorsax may be an RS Berkeley ??

jak Swift
              Participant

The second clip is also great….tell us more Mel, is this from a movie ….” KC Blues ” or such ?
                I’m wondering who the second tenor is in clip two…Josh Redman and ….??

jak Swift
                Participant

I’m listening to #4 now…its sublime !!
                  If I had to go on record, I’d say JC is the greatest tenor man since Brecker….
                  Bit of a bold statement , and he is a little ” stylised “… But the man can BLOW !!!!!
                  Thankyou Mel, 😊😊😊

jak Swift
                  Participant

Oh , I missed three. I just can’t listen to that tune…lol !!
                    I think it goes back to music school days and years of ” open mic sessions “….
                    No chaser is meant to be a challenge ; sorts out the ” real players “…
                    I have heard it massacred soooo many times…oh man, when four horns are getting the rhythm wrong…😕😕😕… LOL !!
                    I’m afraid even when its played by the greatest,I still can’t listen to it…
                    Thanks though Mel….I enjoyed that, and will do again…

Mel
                    Participant

Jak – I just stumbled across the videos. It seems some of the best ones are found by accident. Credits for second video: Josh Redman as Lester Young. Craig Handy as Coleman Hawkins and James Carter as Ben Webster. To name a few.

Mel
                      Participant

Robert Altman’s Jazz 34 Remembrances of Kansas City Swing

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.