Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video Blue Bossa Tenor Cover, Check it out!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Z
    Participant

paddy jordan
      Participant

Aminn thats pretty cool i like that,i have had a go at this one my self quite a few times,but you have a good grasp on the improvising sounded great, what was you throwing around into it i could do with some of that.
        paddy

Mel
        Participant

I enjoyed it. What model microphone are you using?

Mel

Z
          Participant

Thanks guys!
            Jordan: I was just following the changes. At some points noodling up and down the D minor scale when I was playing the fast stuff. It’s mostly a ii V i in D minor for tenor (Concert C), and there’s a part in the middle where the chords go into a more major feel before going back into the ii V i. When improvising, its best to follow the changes as best as you can.
            Mel: I’m using an Audio-Technica AT2020 cardioid condenser mic, only about $100 when I got it.

Michael Bishop
            Participant

Gorgeous stuff Aminn–love your tone 🙂 Very inspiring to say the least. You mention what reeds you use, what MP are you using? Your playing is a great example how you can get a great, big tone on an Ebonite/Hard Rubber MP. Keep it up 🙂

Z
              Participant

Hey Michael, it’s a Jodyjazz HR 7*. Thanks!

Z
                Participant

Hey johnny, any insight or advice on this video?

Anonymous

well played Aminn,
                    theres two approaches to playing it and the one you’ve gone for is what i call the flowing approach which is dreamy smooth and silky.

because the backing track has a lot of swing, the other approach would be to jazz it more and put more swing into playing it. that would involve a lot more emphasis on it like starting out Dah Dat Dah Da Dat Dah Da Dah etc.. which is where singing it can first gives a stronger feel for where the emotions occur which you can then transfer to the sax when playing it.

Either way its well played

Gerard
                    Participant

nice keep it up

Pete
                      Participant

Aminn
                        Liked that, have you used a cane reed on this
                        mouthpiece yet? I don’t like synthetic reeds,
                        I can always here the buzz from them and for
                        me you cant beat a good cane reed. Nice mouthpiece
                        like that deserves a good reed IMO still you played
                        it nicely.
                        Michael your right about the m/piece and how you can get
                        a nice tone and edge with HR pieces, I have just gone over
                        to a hard rubber from a metal which I played for many years,
                        just bought a 10MFAN=MERLOT 7* I am delighted with it, no
                        problem at all with the change over from the metal, sounds great
                        it has the sound I have wanted for a long time.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.