Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Share a Video Andrew Snitzer Solo

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    jak Swift
    Participant

His wise words not mine. Yeah nice guy, usual speech but he’s right just about all of it. Never been a great reed soaker myself. How ? How damp is damp ? No worries, googoota blast. Take it easy Mel and evertybody else…jak

Mel
      Participant

Mel
        Participant

I think this is the whole show. I believe he plays his Custom Signature Raw XS by Trevor James. I think the Jody Jazz DV Metal mouthpiece sounds great.

jak Swift
          Participant

That’s great Mel thanks. The guy seems to have grown up with Grover…..I heard him do a twelve minute Mr Magic a coupla days back. What’s not too like ? Grover had style, and great chops !! Its stupid a.m in the UK, I’ve just checked the tracking on my alto. Its within an hour or so of the guys house. That’s 24 hr postage from Friday last….not good !! When I’m sure he has it…bam !! I’m gonna hit him up with a call. Ask him to send today. Otherwise its gonna be next week…that I can’t do . Wish me luck !!

jak Swift
            Participant

OK…he’s got it and just mailed me to say he’s gonna hit the couriers this afternoon. I could have it tomorrow, Friday latest. I won’t be satisfied until it arrives; but it all seems to be going well enough. Man, I’ve not had a week without a tenorsax for a long time, I even played with my arm in a sling after the incident. Fingers crossed and have a great day….jak

Mel
              Participant

Great news Jak! What model tenor is he sending you?

jak Swift
                Participant

Hi Mel. Its nothing special he’s sending. I’m not superstitious but he posted today 24 hr. Same thing I did and its taken the best part of a week. It is the National parcelforce so weekends are out. It all looks good !! Regardless with my mpc it could be Selmer 6 or Bundy. Never again wil I take for granted the long practice sessions I do just to justify being a horn player. I’ll let you know when it arrives. George Thorougood and his band are great. Needs to be loud !!

jak Swift
                  Participant

OK, the tenor turned up this morning. A ” Jupiter “….and not in the best of shape. That’s two broken tenors I have now, but the alto is out of the frame and another week until my tech gives this the once over ? Its just good to be holding a horn again. I’m confident the damage is not too bad, so all in all I’m getting there. I’m out of the forum for a month or two. Soon as I have these horns working, I’ll be right back. Until then, take care….jak !!

jak Swift
                    Participant

Didn’t take so long. I woke up tired, and down , no tenor. Phoned my tech. Me and Al go back many many years. Its taken from 7.00a.m to an hour back !! Seems like the guy was pulling a fast one. It had been dropped, it was obvious. I took the tube with a heavy heart. If the news was bad it was going in the trash, no too ways. Enough !! Man it was funny, Al smacked that horn about, swinging it against his bench. ” only way to get it straight ” he said with a grin. Then I knew I had a fighting chance. Man he used neck expanders, pulled out keys that had been pushed in. He got the thing playing !! Playing good !! I never thought I’d be so happy to have a Jupiter. Even the stock mpc isn’t bad. It won’t be staying but yeah, my estimation of them as a sax ?? After the kicking this one took….yeah its cool and its great to know tomorrow I can get the show back on the road !!

Mel
                      Participant

Andrew Snitzer and the Trevor James signature Custom Raw XS Saxophone

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 22 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.