Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Mouthpieces Alto saxophone MP

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Well said paddy

Michael Bishop
      Participant

@ Vincent: I was talking about the high’s-and-low’s of learning to play the Saxophone, not talking only about my health only. I was getting ready to start all of my uploads, set up my home recording studio and everything–I’m totally 100% ready to go and Rock and Roll…….and out of nowhere a minor set up comes up due to a health, nothing serious but it set me back a few weeks. There’s no way anyone could have foreseen it coming. I’m not going to talk about it here on a forum post, but I have confided in 3 members plus Johnny to explain what happened and I even e-mailed to them pics of my medications, so there are some members who know what’s going on and the good news is that it’s only temporary; uploads coming as soon as possible, thanks for your patience 🙂 I have learned the song at the bottom by King Curtis “I Heard It Through The Grapevine” which includes all of the high-screaming Altissimo notes and had a custom backing track made for it, so it will give you a taste of what’s coming. When I play this song..it sets my soul ON FIRE and I want to share this stuff with you guys! When you want to share this stuff with your friends and you get setbacks…it’s discouraging and that’s where I’m coming from when you read my comments above. I’m not doing these uploads to impress anyone or anything like that. I’ve gotten loads and loads of help/encouragement from so many awesome folks here, so I want to try and do the same for others too 🙂
        @ Paddy: These Winslow ligatures are fantastic! Together with the right reed, you would almost think you were using a different MP. My wife actually asked me if I spent more $ on a different MP LOL I assured her no I didn’t, so I guess that’s a good indication right there. It’s amazing the differences that small things can make.

Anonymous

I often thought about those winslow ligatures, but I got that new metal piece that I have decided only to use a little bit and after a few months I will come back t o it to see the Difference., otherwise I would look into it it, vinny

Anonymous

@Michael – I wondered were you got to? i just assumed you were too busy practicing for that stuff you’re doing with that teacher of yours! You kept going on and on about doing uploads etc… i was wondering whats going on there?

Anyway hope you get better from what ever personal health set back you’ve had – i can understand the frustration of not being allowed to practice the sax. I get constant interruptions which prevent me from playing as i have to take into consideration who evers in the house or if my kids are studying as that takes priority over everything else.

Good to here it’s a temporary health set back and not a permanent one! If its of a personal nature no worries – if i was temporary laid off with the piles (lol) i wouldn’t be advertising it, if it was tooth ache then i probably would!

Guess everyone will have to wait a bit longer for your next upload? here have a grape …

Anonymous

I am loving just working on my new MP THE Alto Fatboy. I have noticed it came with a bite plate? To put on. I assume that is the one that I will need to get in the future? Where can I get a few to have in case I will need it.

Vinny

john
              Keymaster

Those bite pads are avail e in any music store that sells sax stuff

Anonymous

Thanks I see them all the time I was just asking in case there was a certain one, thanks Johnny

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.